Wappler training

I am wondering if anyone is open to training. Located in NE Oh. Willing to travel. It seems Wappler is the way to go from DW. I need to get pic picture, then hands itraining one way I learn. OR, is there a logical path with logically sequenced training videos somewhere? The first one I went to was on data bases. Not sure if thought was given here. Ideas welcome.

Hello Jim, welcome to the Wappler Community. I am not aware of anyone that does one on one training. But the documents are very good to get started and then there is this active community here to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks Brad. Even though I have designed 20 sites they were mostly sliced and dice and placed using very good art, design and branding. So can a novice get this program? The chart of training info that you sent seems to look good. I don’t think I even used DW definitions to download.

Forget about DW definitions. Really not needed to use Wappler and I’m not sure why that bit of docs is even in there. But like any design app worth learning you do need to have the basic understanding of HTML and CSS at minimum. A bit of knowledge of Bootstrap is also valuable.

What design apps are you familiar with?

CC PS 2017, AI, working ID, FW, FH, that one will date me. It was awesome. Keynote, iMovie

Fireworks was way ahead of it’s time. Best graphic app for web designers. Unfortunately Adobe killed it. How is your Dreamweaver knowledge? Perhaps we should start with where DW falls short for you and determine if Wappler is the right tool.

Minimal. DW 4 basics I fly with. Changes no problem. Type handling is annoying. Don’t have patience for CSS at least DW 6 was more upsetting…and with Adobe’s poor business acumen, I though I would wait for something else. Thought since DMX Zone did the extensions they would be qualified to do something like this. There are canned things like click funnels but my gut tells me it’s a con job…? Speaking of killing, Freehand was killed by them as well. I flew with that program. BTY. Thank you Brad for taking the time to explore this…It is greatly appreciated. Petrofied that DW tables is delaying organic Google searches where your site is not ranked at all.

Well, Wappler handles text changes/design much better than Dreamweaver. That’s easy. However, even as easy as Wappler makes CSS and Design you still need to know and care about CSS. That pretty much goes for any web design app. It’s just the way websites are done these days. No getting around it.

So, I assume you mostly are concerned with static sites that do not require databases? If so the Basic plan is likely enough for you (although once you learn more you will definitely want to upgrade to the Pro version).

You will want to get up to speed on at least the basics of Bootstrap and the design for mobile first approach. If you are familiar with the DMXZone extensions for Dreamweaver, Wappler is a breeze.

If you have any questions on specific tasks or features you need please feel free to ask! There is a bit of a learning curve for Wappler but once you get it, it is very easy.

Not having a mobile compatible site is worse.

wow…pain, hence the need for a mobile site builder. I know 80% searches are done but say readers like dentists, still order through my site. Is it just hype?

Hence, I think you may see my need for asking about hands on overview training.