Wappler-Native RunJs with code editor

Hi!

I’m using @JonL ‘s RunJS extension in many server actions since it’s so easy to use for small functions that don’t need a stand-alone server extension.

It would be great to have a Wappler-Native action in V6 with the following improvements that will serve a purpose for re-usable functions that don’t need extensions:

• Code view instead of a text area

• “Library Action”: Ability to save “functions/templates”, I imagine a “save template” button that saves the needed variables and code, and then in other server actions to select the function from a select input that shows the needed variables.

The “template” could be created now with library actions so it’s not that important, but a “code view/editor” would definitely be great.

It’s not critical so only if easy to implement the code editor for V6 :grin:

1 Like

Ahh I even voted for that I see, I guess I forgot. I’ll delete this one then. What do you personally think about the “templates”?

No, no need to delete as both FRs are slightly different. I was just adding it for reference so those votes are also considered as people that potentially would also want this one.

Regarding the template stuff it’s very interesting. It would save some time indeed.

1 Like