Wappler Limitations

Buenas tardes.

I am a beginner in Wappler and I have been very surprised by these limitations that do exist in other IDEs:

• It is not possible to undo (Crtl + Z). This is basic. For example, if you accidentally delete a component, you lose it forever.

• The IDEs does not ask for confirmation to remove a component. You can delete a form, a container or anything else without prior confirmation.

• It is not possible to copy and paste components from one page to another. Why? !!

Best regards.

Hello and welcome to our community,

Ctrl + Z should be working perfectly fine on Windows. Maybe explain more detailed what exactly happens and how to recreate it?

If you are referring to confirmations in App Structure / Design View, this will only slow down the process if we show a confirmation dialog for every element you remove there …
You can just undo if you delete anything by mistake there.

How are you trying to copy them / where from?

“Undo”:

Yes, I use Windows 10.
If I delete a element in “App Structure”, when I press “Ctrl + Z”, nothing happens.

“Copy and Paste”:

For example, if I have two pages, example1.php and example2.php, if I want to copy a element (form, container, etc.) from example1.php to example2.php, it is not possible.

Best Regards.

I can’t really recreate this issue. Does this also happen when using the undo icon at top left?
Maybe show a short video demonstrating the issue.

That’s quite a complex thing (even if it looks simple to you).
When copying an element from one page to another, then we need to also check if it contains any component which requires css/js includes in the head tags and copy them as well, which is not that simple.
You can currently open the page in code/split view and copy the HTML of the element you need, but it’s your responsibility to add the required css/js includes on the new page.
Also - if you need to reuse the same component on multiple pages, why not use partials or includes for this?

“Undo”:

I hadn’t seen the undo icon. I am a beginner.
Pressing the icon works, but Ctrl + Z doesn’t.

“Copy and Paste”:

Ok, I get it.

By the way, what is “partials”?

Best Regards.

Yes, ctrl-Z doesn’t work for me on Windows either… I always have to use the undo button.

What if you focus design view (click anywhere there) and try pressing Ctrl+z - does it make any difference?

If I click on desing view, then Ctrl + Z works. :crazy_face:

Ok then, @patrick will check this.

Thank you.

I can confirm that Ctrl+Z won’t work in Wappler unless you click (focus) on any other element in Wappler.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.0.2

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.