Wappler general questions / feaures?

Hello all.

I am currently evaluating nocode/lowcode environments for prototyping and quick developments and also want to have a look into Wappler.

The whole system looks massive and is tempting, however, I am missing some things and before I spend more time searching, I’ll just ask around:

Does Wappler support…

1. …creating charts from dynamic data?
  2. …creating and reading QR codes?
  3. …multi language?
  4. …push notifications?
  5. …Google Analytics?
  6. …Firebase Auth?
  7. …Cloud Firestore?

Thank you very much,
Heiko

1. Yes. Natively or extensions.
  2. Yes. Extensions.
  3. Yes. Natively or extensions.
  4. Yes. Extensions.
  5. Yes. Script tag.
  6. Yes. Extensions via PassportJS middleware. (NodeJS server model)
  7. No. It may be possible via extensions depending on your needs.
1 Like

Thanks, Jon, for the quick reply.

Can you point me, the newbie, in the direction where I could find the exentensios? I am not familar enough with the product yet (only two days in), and I wasn’t aware of any extension system / scheme or place where I can find them?

Here you have the docs:

https://community.wappler.io/c/wappler-extensions/54

This is part of the low-code stuff :slight_smile:
You will need to code them yourself or find someone that can.

1 Like

I missed that whole category LOL

Thank you.

(No problem with coding, I am a software developer since 1982 :joy: )

2 Likes

Piece of cake then. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Multi language natively? You mean via your i18next extension? :thinking:
Or you mean in a sense that it can be coded without extensions?

Thanks, I am looking into this! i18next support would be awesome, as I could use my translation process and tooling.

As I said a bit further down the line, I wasn’t aware of any extension scheme (it’s not visible enough for ppl who start looking into Wappler), so I simply asked :joy:

The extensions category is currently just for server side extensions. And given its sort-of advanced use case, not many users use/build-for it.
Wappler does support client-side extensions, but its not official. You can find Jonas’s excellent efforts around that in the community.

3 Likes

Via App and Server Connect.

It’s not how I would do it as you know but it’s valid for simple languages.

I use my App Connect i18next extension for all my projects. @karh also started using it privately but I don’t know if he finally sticked to it.

1 Like

My extension is based on i18next and Mozilla’s fluent syntax.

Still need to continue that, priorities changed again sadly. Not forgotten and still appreciate the sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I18N is normally low priority for all projects.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. Not planning Wappler for production use, but for showcasing / prototyping