Wappler Freezes after update

Wappler 4.5.0 just updated on

Just completely freezes and needs to be forced quit.

Any ideas?
M

Seems to wait for about 3 mins or so before becomes responsive again…

I’ve had this problem a couple of times, even before this update. Sometimes it freezes for unknown reasons…

I’m not able to replicate this specific freeze of the Project Settings window after starting Wappler, but I’ve seen it happen before on other windows.

Sometimes it helps to wait a few more seconds after starting Wappler, does it “fixes” for you?

I’m using MacOS as well

No issues on Linux. Any Windows users experiencing the same issue?

Is this just the first launch after the update?

No…its getting worse. Several reboots, leaving wappler with some lags and stuttering. Its definitely not happy…

You can always try:

No freeze on win 10.

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem today 3 times on macbook too

Was it at the exact same screen with exact same type of project and using docker?

If not try to identify more precisely when it happen so we can narrow it down.

I have almost the same system as @CAB_uk just one year newer 2019 and different graphics –
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

Whatever it is, on 4.4.5 and now on 4.5.0 I’ve had instances of Wappler suddenly quitting and having to be restarted when I’ve made a change and saved.
Perhaps it’s related to sqlite update or write.

You’ll have to remind me where the log file is.

I’ve looked at both system and application log folders and read reports but didn’t find Wappler related lines.

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

A couple of minutes ago while working on Wappler 4.5.0 it quit just as I was saving a file. I assume that I turned on Error Logging last night in my last work session before I restarted this morning.

Immediately after disappearing this message popped up.
Am I to believe that you just received the error report from my Wappler installation?

That would be handy because this way is kind of useless — it is a catch-22 situation otherwise.

Now Wappler 4.5.0 has just quit again after restarting it. And I got this again just after it asked me if I wanted to save a page again.

This is from my Mac 16" 2020 laptop running latest version of Monterey. Intel chip. This time it happened as I went to close a file and got this warning.

Captured on SAVE ALL

I just deleted this file manually and refreshed and saved all.