Wappler 5 / 6 based video training/ tutorial course ( free )

More to come tomorrow!

1 Like

I sort of jumped ahead a bit (hopefully correct move haha) I created the forgot password functionality. Essentially utilizing the authcode concept that was introduced when verifying the account. So user clicks on the forgot password button

this takes them to a new page using the main layout

this page calls a forgotpassword API that is really a copy of the register API (disabled some of the actions to test) as shown

User receives auth code via email and is taken to the Change Your Password page

This page then calls the change_password API which is a modified version of the validate_code API that you walked through in your video course (disabled some of the actions to test) as shown

Anyway, wouldnā€™t have been able to create this on my own without your awesome content @Hyperbytes thank you!

3 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

Hello Sir.
My name is Joel Tiago and I teach in AISOD and other organizations in Africa and in outer worlds.

I thereby request copyright permission to use your videos for my AI Optimization courses on Udemy, and other platforms.

I saw them on YouTube and your permission would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

My contacts for more business is +244946334763 WhatsApp

PLEASE NOTE
There was a significant error in the SCRUD5 video.
In the read action to condition is set incorrectly. It should use a GET parameter seo_id NOT a POST parameter. The video has been updated

1 Like

Thank you!

@Hyperbytes Hi Brian, Appreciate your hard work on all those videos, iā€™m on 24th video( Adding our table for implementation of dynamic SEO). Iā€™m looking for the seo table structure but its not shown in the video.

Could youe please verify that or share the table structure here so i can create. Thanks

Yes, just spotted the problem, i accidentally missed the ā€œmake tableā€ bit out on the final edit. I have just uploaded a new module showing how to make the table

1 Like

Thanks Brian, i just saw that. One sugession for the videos (future videos), is there any possiblity that you can change the resolution for the device that you using to screen cast for this videos? because when watching the videos canā€™t read/see clearly event though using HD. seems like you have high resolution.

i have to zoom the browser to see clearly.

I have recently changed to resolution to 2K, also try changing the resolution setting in YouTube itself, this can make a huge difference.

As you can see its pretty hard to see, when you use high resolution, i think if you use screen recorder that does zoom when you move the mouse, or the focusing the area where you move the mouse. side by side following this video is hard, unless i use another screen with full screen. I have so far followed the course with pause and do the step in wappler. using two windows with full view.

I donā€™t know if there is a solution. but i saw some video tutorials has that zoom feature.

Why not just maximize the videos and follow the steps shown there? Watching the video on such a minimized window makes no sense, especially when its layout is horizontal.
Brian is doing these video series for free and i think he is just doing this perfectly well, using a perfectly fine screen resolution. I know how much time and effort is needed to produce these videos (for free once again) and i hope you guys appreciate his hard work on this.

5 Likes

Hi Teodor, please donā€™t missunderstand, it was a suggestion anyway. even though i watched in full screen i see bit difficult to follow the areas, i really posted the suggesion because i wanted his hard work to be worth it for all. Even now iā€™m following up in full screen, step by step im pausing and switching to wappler to do the step and then switch back to browser to watch the video.

I really appreciate the videos he produced, i think since the wappler released this is the tutorial that covers lot of stuff in the order.

@Hyperbytes this is amazing! Thank you for doing this :smiley:

3 Likes

@Hyperbytes Iā€™ve spent some time putting together this graphical diagram of the Wappler security model that you have covered in your video series. Iā€™m a visual learner so I wanted to put together something like this to refer back to. Hopefully this will help others as well. In addition to the poster format Iā€™m considering breaking this up into a PDF document with details so it can be followed as a document. Enjoy :wink: Thank you again for your awesome work on the tutorials.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s really good. Mind of I add it to the course docs ( crediting you of course)

1 Like

Definitely feel free to add it to your course docs @Hyperbytes just glad to be able to add something useful to help others learn.

Just note that I did deviate a little from the original database design and I also had a forgot password API, and page in the diagram, otherwise itā€™s exactly the same. Wanted to give you a heads up on that.

1 Like

Great visuals! Thank you.

Not as a criticism, but as a thought:

A security code is sent to the registrant after the details have been entered into the database. This means that a bogus database entry will need removal at some stage. This extra step is not included in your diagrams.

My thought is to send a security code prior to a database entry. That way the database entries will always be authentic.

Please have a look at

2 Likes

Great point Ben, I intend to use the scheduler to clean up unconfirmed signups after 48 hours and am toying with the idea of a ā€œreminderā€ email 24 before that. Will be looking at those modules in a week on return from holiday. Mainly as a way if introducing that feature to the project. So many plans, so little time. :tired_face:

1 Like