Wappler 5 / 6 based video training/ tutorial course ( free )

Ah okay, so two disadvantages to multi reference is actually storage space and speed, this begs the question though if I do have a books and authors database with 1000’s of entries in my database then multi reference might not use more space and perhaps even offer up better performance. Also would it be as necessary to index a table if your using multi reference?

So if you had a relationship like this why would you want to use a multireference?

Also would it be as necessary to index a table if your using multi reference?

In most cases Yes

1 Like

Point well taken @Hyperbytes I wouldn’t :wink: I think I may have been way overthinking things earlier.

The reality is its a judgement call based on what you need to do with the data and the format you want it in. Its a toolbox of options, it is for you to decide which tools are best for the specific job

1 Like

@Hyperbytes following along with video 37 in your series Delete a User and Associated Roles. I get to the section of the video at 4:17 https://youtu.be/90LTojDsBIg related to the Flow Editor, when adding the server connect to the api/admin/user/delete server action I’m able to add it but then when I attempt to add the input parameter I’m not seeing what you are in your example. Mine sees to be in scope of only the Data Flow Bindings as shown here:

Whereas your example seems to have access to the APP level scope as shown below:

I converted the action to an inline flow just as you did. Not sure why the Data Bindings seem to be scoped to the Flow only.

It’s a new bug just been reported

1 Like

haha good I thought I was going crazy! thank you!

I’ve decided to switch my php site to NodeJS, found a new host, and have been using your course to learn what I’m doing.
I am looking forward to when you add switching to production from development, but mostly I have not been able to figure out how to use MYSQL on my host site.
I’ve installed mysql on the host, and added a production target, but cannot connect to the db. The host said to use localhost and 3306. Is there a module that I’m supposed to modify?
Thank you for your work.

Unless you can connect to the remote DB, using SSH as an example, you will not be able to connect Wappler to the remote.

You will still need to configure the remote Database Connection for the Production target so that when you upload the site, the correct connection details are used.

1 Like

Firstly, I have not jumped into production settings as there are so many difference methods and technologies out there that there is no easy one size fits all solution. I would suggest you create a new post, provide as much detail as you can regarding the type of service you are using or even the name of the host as it is likely someone else already uses the service. At the moment, based on the info given, you are stated the equivalent of “my car has broken down” more detail means we can help more

1 Like

Does your host offer Docker containers? It sounds to me like you could benefit from them. I do agree with both @Hyperbytes and @ben not enough details and new post needed! BTW what host are you using if you don’t mind me asking.

Hi @Hyperbytes,

I assume you are busy with other things but wanted to check when do you plan to continue the community web series?

Gabor

These bugs are causing so many problems i have had to put things on hold until fixed

and

Filling in time with the small bytes series. Hopefully Thursday update will fix it.

2 Likes

I was able to help myself with Puren-Javascript :smile:

5.1.2 to 5.1.3 11 Bugs-Fixed - 5.1.3 > 6 new Bugs - 5.1.4 > ??? Bugs

Those bugs that make your work impossible are bad…

We are not aware of such problems. If you have any issues using latest Wappler update then please report them properly. Saying “it doesn’t work” is not really helpful.

some errors are so obvious that the developer should normally see / notice them. Wappler is not open source…many developers here use wappler for business, so important functions that worked before should continue to work…and not just after 1 week. It’s just annoying… and I don’t think I’m the only one. Criticism should be addressed openly…

and I’m not criticizing your software, I’m criticizing your developers…changing/adjusting features without proper testing. accept the positively meant criticism, or not. any criticism can only make you better if you deal with it openly.

So, please open separate topics for the issues you find. Saying “it doesn’t work” doesn’t really help. We can’t really fix something we’re not aware of.

LOL, as an old car repair guy, I laughed at the accuracy of your statement.
I’ll open a new topic…

I’ll add SSH to my learning needs, and try it also. Thank you.

Mr. Ben, you are my Wappler Ambassador for these years. We appreciate you making everyone on this platform grin; it always lifts our spirits just when we need it. Your persistently upbeat attitude has had a significant impact on this platform. I appreciate your presence and the sacrifices you stand for. We appreciate you always being the first to offer your assistance. Without you, some of us couldn’t succeed. We appreciate what you do.

5 Likes