Wapple user interface

Thanks for your attention.

As regards in particular the File Manager, where I did accidentally erase a couple of files, I personally do not think that tool tips are enough, as a seasoned user like me would click on symbols instinctively, expecting e.g. an X to mean always “close” and an open folder always to mean “open”. Furthermore I would suggest that the same symbol (X for example) have the very same meaning in every context: no change of meaning.

Why don’t you use, for example, a waste bin icon, regularly, to indicate the action of erasing a file or a folder?

Concerning the interface (UI) I would expect a main menu in top part of the window; remember the Common User Access specs written by IBM and Microsoft at the end of the last century ? They may be a good starting reference, not excluding other menus in other parts of the window. This applies largely also to some Linux UI variants (mint for example).

As regards the dark theme, it is a somewhat minor criticism as I can live with it.

By the way, I have another suggestion: as I use regularly both a visual tool, like Wappler now, but also feel the need of editing the HTML or CSS code, in Visual Studio 2019, could the Wappler text editor be endowed with additional capabilities, like adding comments to lines or line blocks and syntax checking ?

Thanks and best regards and keep improving a very intriguing program.

Rodolfo Gamberale

1 Like