Want a decent editor/word processor in your app? Go with richtexteditor.com

I’ve battled with summernote for 2 years. My opinion is that it’s rubbish, not fit for purpose and certainly not fit for any self-respecting app.

Try richtexteditor.com is my advice. Full featured, pdf generation, excellent JS APIs and Excellent support.

1 Like

That’s fine, but does their license allow us to integrate it within Wappler and provide it to all users “for free” with our licenses?

1 Like

I switched from Summernote to TinyMCE. It’s probably the best one I’ve found so far.

I made a feature request for it a while back, since the license changed. It’s pretty easy to implement as well.

1 Like

You should find out. I’m using the free version and it’s excellent. A handful of dmx,parses have replaced dozens of summercrap workarounds

I like TinyMCE. Some testing of it versus richtexteditor.com left it trailing on 2nd place. But worthy.

We’re open to any MIT licensed suggestions, which are better than Summernote.

1 Like

You’re limiting yourselves. Corporate partnering is much more productive

1 Like

TinyMCE used the GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Doesn’t this mean it could be incorporated into Wappler? I think this is the same license as PHPMailer for example.
(I don’t know much about licensing but think it would be great if Wappler included a really good and well supported/maintained HTML editor.)

TinyMCE replaced their license to MIT, so there should be no problem (in terms of license) to integrate it in Wappler: https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/blob/develop/LICENSE.TXT

We will check this with the team, we definitely want a better supported HTML editor in Wappler.

4 Likes

See also:

4 Likes