Validation : help required - still no joy!

Hi @patrick thanks for the reply which makes the situation clearer.

I always thought that the recaptcha did some sort of check before any upload was done.

Doing the check before the upload would surely make more sense, it would allow a quicker return of the error message, prevent any delay, and reduce bandwidth usage if very large files are to be uploaded << just my thoughts :slight_smile:

I know many users would press ‘send’ and walk away from their computer, assuming the progress bar was there to show that the actual upload had started and was without any error. They would not realise that they should wait till the end of the upload to see if any error appeared. I believe this could cause frustration on the part of the user. Saying that, they should tick the recaptcha check-box in the first place! :smile:

I assume from your answer that this cannot be changed, is that right?

The server-side can’t be changed, it will always be after the upload. I still have to see if there is a way to improve the client-side, I didn’t see it directly in the documentation from the recaptcha (https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/display), but it should be possible to at least see if the recaptcha was checked and prevent the form submit.

1 Like

Sounds great. Cheers.