Using Database Connection

OK, got that change. It still did not fix my problem. I still get the same error when trying to build a new page using the local connection. Please help me.

Thanks
Jim

Can someone please help resolve this issue? Please I cannot develop anything due to this error condition. Thanks!

Hi;

I have done more testing to try and figure out where the problem is and it appears to be when making a new server connect. I opened a new page, used a previously existing sever connect applied it on the application side with a data connect action then used a bootstrap 4 table generator to display the contents of a data table. This procedure worked fine.

I went back and created a new server connect, pointing to the same table, on the application side I created a new data connect pointing it to the new server connect. Created a new generator 4 bootstrap table using the new data connect and there is no data seen under the table header.

I can repeat this operation over and over. Could you please take a look at the coding for me?

Thanks
Jim

Why are you adding a database connection step in the server action?
You only need to define it under GLOBALS and then in your server action add just a database query step … that’s all. Don’t add a database connection step in the server action!

I really lost track of what are you doing and what issue are you trying to explain your topic. It is really easy:

then

Thank you. You solution corrected my problem. It was my understanding when I started that the software required you to add a database connection for each server action performed. I now realize that the global connection covers all server actions made.Thank you for finding that and correcting me. I think all my connections are working. Thank you again for your support.

1 Like