Using a Flow to prevent double clicking?

It is in a container. Does that make a difference?

I don’t think it should make any difference, but can you try moving it in the body and check the UI again?

Inside the body tag? Or just remove the section tags?

Just move it after the opening body tag (make it a direct child of body)

Still nothing …Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 10.44.40 AM

Can you please send me you page code in a personal message, so I can test this locally?

The whole page?

Yes, either the page zipped or the source code :slight_smile:

Ill zip the page maybe, it’s 2300 lines

Ahh, forgot indeed that it is running in flows and executing is with server connect.

2 Likes

I have now set a bunch of my forms up with flows to prevent double clicking. Works like a charm!!

Who would have thought that flows were so awesome? :wink: :beers:

3 Likes

Maybe a stupid question but can’t you already do that without flows? Just by disabling the button on click and waiting for SC to finish to enable it again. What am I missing?

Probably this is the issue :slight_smile: So using flows can add a few seconds delay.

But if the first thing you do is to disable the button before even running SC how can you double click before the SC finishes?

Maybe my namesake has the answer.

You disable the button once the flow started running :slight_smile:
In Brad’s case you disable the button when the SC starts, then SC takes 0.1 seconds to complete and user doesn’t even see the button is disabled, so he clicks again.

I mean this.

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-sm btn-primary btn-icon rounded-pill" dmx-bind:disabled="state.executing" id="submit">

Edit: Oh OK. So it’s a UX thing, not programming issue. He is just adding a delay to the button being disabled so the user knows that he shouldn’t click again. Got ya.

1 Like

Yes, entirely an UX thing :slight_smile: so you let users know the task is running.

So it’s not a double click issue. It’s a resubmitting problem.
The “worst” part of this misunderstanding was that I actually had to move my ass from the bed to my desk. Now I have to make coffee.

2 Likes

Hmmm the coffee master? :smiley:

Hahahah I don’t want to brag.

2 Likes