Classic ASP: Urgent-lost database connectivity

Was editing my site and suddenly lost database connectivity. Classic ASP. The site loads fine, but no actions load, every page has this messge. I was editing HTML pages when this happend. This is a live site any help would be appreciated.

Error: {“type”:“EvalError”,“fileName”:“lib/app.asp”,“errorNumber”:-2146827279,“message”:“Expected ‘}’”,“stack”:}

HI Ken,

See:

1 Like

Thank you George! that solved the issue!

1 Like

fix will be included in the next weekly update - sorry for the trouble

Not a problem and sorry, should have searched first, just panicked a bit. Thank you for this software, it is literally life changing, I’m not kidding. Has taken me to the next level as a developer.

Site now loads, but when processing login I get the following message:
{“type”:“Error”,“fileName”:“lib/app.asp”,“lineNumber”:95,“message”:“Expected identifier”,“stack”:[{“fileName”:“lib/app.asp”,“lineNumber”:95,“method”:"_exec",“args”:[{“name”:“access”,“module”:“core”,“action”:“setsession”,“options”:{“value”:"{{$_GET.access}}"}}]},{“fileName”:“lib/app.asp”,“lineNumber”:69,“method”:“exec”,“args”:[{“steps”:{“name”:“access”,“module”:“core”,“action”:“setsession”,“options”:{“value”:"{{$_GET.access}}"}}}]},{“fileName”:“lib/app.asp”,“lineNumber”:45,“method”:“define”,“args”:[{“settings”:{“options”:{}},“meta”:{“options”:{},"$_GET":[{“type”:“text”,“name”:“access”}]},“exec”:{“steps”:{“name”:“access”,“module”:“core”,“action”:“setsession”,“options”:{“value”:"{{$_GET.access}}"}}}}]}],“appData”:{}}

are you sure you haven’t updated anything else?
The updated file should fix the initial error

Yes, I just started working. Was logged in, and updated an HTML page and published the site. I refreshed and got the initial error. Once I updated the file, all content pages load fine, but when I tried to login, I get the error posted.

try replacing the whole dmxConnectLib folder on your live server, Maybe sure you have the updated app.asp as last as well.

let us know if you still have problems @patrick will check it in our morning as it almost 12PM here

Thanks I’ll try that and will post the results.

That did not resolve the issue. I look forward to hearing back as this is a live server. Thanks for you help. Ken

As an FYI, I replaced the entire dmxConnectLib folder with a backup from last week before I updated to 2.3.2 and it now works. Not sure what issues that will cause. I’ll have to see.

it will be helpful if you can identify the difference in files

Sure, I’ll do that later tonight.

Here an other file that needs to be replaced, located in dmxConnectLib/modules.

core.zip (1.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks Patrick, updating those two files fixed the issue.