Uploading files from child to parent domain

Not even sure this is possible, but would be awesome if it was.
I need to be able to upload an image into the parent domain from the child domain eg.
parent - domain.com.au
child - subname.domain.com.au

I have worked out how to show the images from the different domains, but just need to work out how to upload it.
Do anyone have any ideas?

Have been trying to figure out a way to do this for a couple years. I don’t think it is possible. At least without some custom coding.

Wappler and back in the day, DMXZone, expects the upload folder to be within the file structure of the project.

Your upload folder needs to be within your site root, so you can’t just upload in some other domain.

1 Like

Not sure what the aim is but you could use a remote file storage service like AWS and then store the file path in both the main and sub domain project db’s

3 Likes

Here’s another options:
You can create another project/endpoint in the parent domain. Probably if the parent domain already has a Wappler project, it would be just another SA which would handle file uploads.

On the sub domain, you can make use of API File Upload Action - NodeJS & PHP [Open Source] to upload file to the parent domain SA or API endpoint.

Although, having a central repository like S3 is a bit better if you don’t mind keeping the files on another server.

1 Like