Update problem

@Teodor
Help
I have a PHP page that lists a data summary of a record
I have to insert some missing data with an update procedure
I’ve done it dozens of times, even in the previous pages of the project, but here I can’t and I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, maybe something has changed?
I created a Server Action with a simple Query Update
Then I added a form to the page, but I can’t continue anymore, because it doesn’t let me call the Action

If you click the X and then convert to server connect form doesnt allow you to pick the action?

Yes, I tried, but it calls me the Server Action without asking me for the ID identifier parameter

Don’t know if i’m correct, but its a POST, not a GET value what you have to bind in your condition expression:

But even if I modify the server action with the Post condition, then it doesn’t ask me for the record reference parameter
I don’t understand, I’ve done this hundreds of times and now I’m doing something wrong

As i said, you need to use a Post value, you can use a hidden input binding the record id

Teodor explained that in another post.

I can’t understand how the form can recognize the record
Where do I have to insert this hidden field and how should I use it?

For example:

I have a db called users, and i wanna change the name from some record:

1. I create an action called update

2. Set the condition

3. Go to my page called update_record.php Where i have a form with 2 text inputs (one called “id”, and the other “name”) and converted to server connect form.

4. Bind the text input (the id related) to some value, for example, a query value.
    And here is how you need to pass the ID value to the form.

5. Change the text input (the id related) to hidden:

And that’s it.
There are many ways to get the id value that you need to insert in the form.
My way (and showed above) is using a query manager, and receive the parameter:

1 Like

OK thank you
Now I’m far from the mac I later try

It worked perfectly
Thank you