Update image in modal, won't update

Yep, that’s exactly it. The browser caches the image so it needs to be fooled into thinking it’s a different one and adding something random at the end of the URL achieves that. Timestamp, random number, anything so long as it’s different from the previous time the image was shown.

@sitestreet and @gunnery I am doing the extra bit on the end of the url thing but it still does not refresh. As you can see from my post above, I did have it working in the middle of last year. I do understand how it should work, but for some reason it is not working now. I am stumped as to why it doesn’t work. I am trying to check any cache instructions on any pages but everything seems to point to “do not cache” or “disable cache”. The only thing that works is F5.

Are you able to try it in a different browser? I would try and rule out different scenarios to try and get the bottom of it.

Doesn’t work in any. I’ll strip back to the basics and start again :smile:
Cheers

@sitestreet and @gunnery, I went back to basics and recreated things. Works well not. Not sure what I had done but did find multiple instances of some variables, server actions etc so things were not right. Cheers.

Do you mean ‘works well now’?

Yes! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes