Unable to update checkbox field

Hi

I am having difficulties updating a checkbox field in my database table, golfers. What I have tried to do is follow the online demonstrations and on the community for a solution and found many ways to do it but everything I tried does not update the database field.

I built a very simple form with two checkboxes labeled golfer1_paid and golf2_paid. In the database golfer1_paid is a boolean field and golfer2_paid is varchar field. A query is done on the field (payee_email), included in the URL. This query is used to call the database record to update.

A snapshot of my Wappler window shows the code used to build the form. My problem is when I submit the form the checkboxes do not update. Can please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Screenshot 2021-08-01 110051|690x492

box fields

I always do checkboxes as number fields in the database update instead of boolean. Not sure if that is either a good way or will fix it but I’ve not had any problems.

Have you tried working through this post?

(Can’t paste the url from my iPhone! :persevere:)

Search for this title…

Read and Write Boolean Values to Checkboxes

@Antony’s link for you

Your condition in the update is using a GET variable but you are using a POST method.

Thank you Anthony. I must have reviewed that article 4 times and did not find the problem. What I was doing wrong was with the bind statement.

dmx-bind:checked=“sc_get_golfers.data.query[0].golfer3_paid.value”>

I was not including the .value phrase to the end.

Problem has been resolved.