Trying to get simple hyperlink to work

Was following Brian English’s instructions but can’t get it to work. Sent him a message but no answer yet. Here is a link to my message: https://community.wappler.io/t/trying-to-make-a-hyperlink-work-as-per-your-instructions/44426?u=rgilchrist

It’s a link to a private page.

Can you supply some screenshots or more information here? Perhaps share your link code as well.

I was trying to create a hyperlink within a Bootstrap Card using your instructions at https://wapplerunwrapped.online/videoplayer.php?id=15 and have run into a couple problems. The end result doesn’t seem to work for me. Here is a picture of the code on my page and for the life of me I cannot understand why it does not show a link.

The correct customer id comes back in the browser but there is no hyperlink. See image The 838 beside Customer# should be the link. Thanks in advance. I am using the pre version 5 version of Wappler.image

Your hyperlink code is wrong.
First the text is outside it, then the code inside the dmx-bind:href is also wrong.

Also, when posting code in the community better paste the code itself instead of a screenshot, we cannot copy code from the screenshot.

your code should be:

<a dmx-bind:href="'CustomerInfo.php?id=' + Id_Customers"> {{Id_Customers}} </a>

also when you have problems please post them in a public topic, don’t contact single users directly.

Thanks Teodor. This gives me a hyperlink but not on the id number.
Here is my code:

Customer# Id_Customers{{id_Customers}}

Code got stripped of characters. How do I paste with code intact?
div class=“card-header”>Customer# Id_Customers{{id_Customers}}</div

Thanks.
<div class="card-header">Customer# <a dmx-bind:href="'CustomerInfo.php?id=' + Id_Customers">Id_Customers</a>{{id_Customers}}</div>

This is not correct.

<div class="card-header">Customer# <a dmx-bind:href="'CustomerInfo.php?id=' + Id_Customers">{{Id_Customers}}</a></div>

Your code must be exactly:

<div class="card-header">
    Customer# <a dmx-bind:href="'CustomerInfo.php?id=' + Id_Customers">{{Id_Customers}}</a>
</div>

And now I’ve lost the link.
Here is my code:

Customer# <a dmx-bind:href="'CustomerInfo.php?id=' + Id_Customers">{{Id_Customers}}</a>
</div>

Not sure what you mean? Which link you have lost?
It seems to me the {{Id_Customers}} binding must be wrong, please check it - as explained i cannot copy from your initial screenshot … maybe some capital letter is wrong.

This text shows a link but on the word id_Customer not on the recordset id_Customer.
<div class="card-header">Customer# <a dmx-bind:href="'CustomerInfo.php?id=' + Id_Customers">Id_Customers</a>{{id_Customers}}</div>
The code you suggested show no link whatsoever.

</div>

My question is … is this Id_Customers supposed to be:

Id_Customers

or

id_Customers

?

Why not just use lower case for your database table columns names to avoid such conflicts?

OMG. How freaking embarrassing. Dang. That did it. Thanks Teodor. You are my hero! Yeesh.

Wait. The link appears on the page but it does not pass the id after the ?id= in the URL.

Check this again …

And btw, If you use the data picker to pick the values using the UI you won’t have such issues.

Dang. The link appears on the page but it does not pass the id after the ?id= in the URL. I am trying to pass a parameter to the CustomerInfo.php page to filter a recordset with.

Nevermind. It was the capital letter thing again. Duh.