Troubles with inline text edit in design view

Working with text in Design view has become increasingly unstable over the last five or six updates. It’s now at the point that you better get your text right the first time and hope it saves as it is now impossible to reselect and edit the text without doing it in Design View.

I think Wappler is in a good place right now, but I’d like to see the remaining updates before 3.0 focused on cleaning up the stability rather than adding new features.

Actually the inline text editing in design view hasn’t been changed for a while now, also not much in the last few updates.

Are you having some specific issues?

@brad, when you say “working with text”, can you explain more of what you mean?

Ok, let’s say I have a card or any other content area and I add a simple paragraph. I can edit the placeholder text no problem. Wether the changes actually save is very rare. Go to select the text again to make a change and it is impossible to select the text. I either have to edit the text in code view or refresh the file (every time) whenever I want to make a change.

As I mentioned in my original post this has been an issue for a long time. This is just one example. Happens with all text and I can replicate on two laptops. Both have the exact same issue.

The inline text edit responds differently depending on the different elements that is placed on.

So if you have trouble with specific Bootstrap 4 elements- please make separate issues about those, specifically mention what element you apply the text edit on.

Then we can address them all.

Since I am working on my dashboards the majority of my text editing issues are within card headers and card bodies.

Maybe you can share a short video showing the issue Brad?