Top Three Missing Wappler Features

Cheers @brad, you have put me to shame, your birthday was 4 days ago and I totally forgot. Here is a belated birthday present

lol, thanks Ben, but my birthday is in May … I’m old enough. Don’t push it! :wink:

1 Like

Oh I see … the cake by your name today is a join anniversary! I guess mine was four days ago. Has it been two years already?

I thought the cake was actual birthday. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Has anyone found a way to integrate services like Shopify in Wappler? I have no doubt ecommerce is in the road map :slight_smile:

I personally don’t think a turn-key e-commerce solution would be a good use of the team’s time. It’s much better that they simply provide the means for us to implement such a solution ourselves. So I ask, what features are missing that prevent you from creating an e-commerce system? There’s also nothing stopping the community from attempting to create an e-commerce boilerplate with a lot of the boring stuff already done…
Just my initial thoughts on the topic.

5 Likes

I have tried, but got hopelessly entangled to incorporate my design. Gave up.

Used Webassist eCart with more success (with the help of Ray Borduin to use the Square payment gateway) have now modified it to use Wappler with greater success. Only remaining problem is the repeat area in the mailer.

This is part of the solution Using Session Storage Keyed Array

2 Likes

The repeat region within a mailer is the part that really really interests me, as that particular issue has stumped me on 3 projects now, although I did manage to find a way around it each time, it’s still not really what I would call an ideal situation.
The only other thing I still really miss was the old DMX query tester thing we used to have, where you could kind of get a piece of your query working and test to see all the results, then adjust and test again, etc.
I used to love that preview window.

4 Likes

Repeating regions in emails seems interesting.

Also wondering what ecommerce features are you looking at?
Are you talking about plug&play?
Or just backend features?

Have you checked third party headless ecommerce solutions?

Actually @Hyperbytes has already some great tutorials on getting you started with Stripe.

https://community.wappler.io/c/docs/ecommerce

those are also published on our official docs site:

So indeed you can do it by yourselves for now, we will just make it a bit easier later on with some ready to go components and workflows, but doing it yourself right now will give you much better understanding of the process.

1 Like

1: eCommerce
I would say that this is already possible with Wappler. You can build your own ecommerce webiste totally in Wappler. I think creating a predifined ecommerce solution within Wappler is a bit out of the philosophy of Wappler which gives you all the tools to build whatever you need from ‘scratch’. I think that Wappler team should stay focused on producing more generic solutions that help us develop bleeding-edge soulutions. Although much more can be implemented you can check an ecommerce website made with Wappler (https://shopenter.gr). Its in Greek so you will have to translate it.
2: Repeat regions in email body 1000% agree with you
3: Beer with the Wappler team 3000% agree

3 Likes

If you want to see another website using pure Wappler, go to https://bunchokids.org/shop.php. When asked to log in use wappler@pleysier.com.au : wapplerguest.

The site works in a sandbox at the moment, credit card number 4111 1111 1111 1111 any future expiry date and any three digit number for the CVV. An incomplete email will be sent to me.

1 Like

Nice Site Ben (then again I would expect nothing less from you)

Is the checkout table based or array based?

I think this answers your question

1 Like

Following on from Nikolaos’ comments

Things like Docker, database manager and even GIT are not a big issue for me, already have my own solutions in place

Yes, many of us can build a checkout easily but I guess for newbies like those coming from WordPress or Bubble, an ecommerce component would be a huge draw.

Most other platforms offer this, Wappler really needs to if it is serious about the new user market, paypal and stripe checkouts seem to be a good starting point.

Also would like to see (said this before) a app connect component to interface with session variables allowing them to be set/ read/ created/ destroyed via the picker

Last but certainly not least, detachable panes to allow me to put Server connect on one screen, design/code on another and App connect on my third utilising my full screen space. I know I can stretch the app across all 3 screens but it is a messy solution keeping the individual panels aligned to the screens

4 Likes

LOL me thinks @Hyperbytes just wants to use his iPad for an additional screen once he gets his modern mac computer. :slight_smile:

Got 3 monitors and a 50 inch TV screen attached, isn’t that enough,?

Whats an iPad?, it is one of those cheapo Android tablet alternatives aimed at the Granny market :grinning:

3 Likes

:scream: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like
  1. I’ll second @Hyperbytes on the detachable panels.
    It’s very frustrating on my laptop to spend time resizing windows over and over to see what I do between server, console, design…

2. Ability to open two projects at the same time, to be able to copy/paste from previous (or other people) work easily.

3. Ability to run a diff on two different files.

Coming from netbeans, those things were very handy. :slight_smile:

Thanks and have a great day !

2 Likes

Hi @jeoff75!

What I do what I need to open a file from a different project is locate it in the file manager, and then right click and open with Wappler. It will open the file in the open Wappler project (but not save it, unless you click save). That way I can do what I need to do with it.

I believe the diff on different files was implemented in a recent update, I was mistaken, it was a diff on the same file, not different files.

But good points !

I’ve got Brackets for my second project window. That way I copy and paste.

2 Likes