Tinyint fields converted to boolean

MySQL8
macOS

All tinyint datebase fields are converted to boolean in the ui (and the action files too) and causing the server actions to be corrupted.

I think this was added in the latest release.
Is this happening to tinyint(1) columns only or of any size?

Don’t know, just seen it with tinyint so far.

I expect it’s related to this thread and the change made as a result, as mentioned by @sid.

I don’t understand this. Is that a bug or what else?

I just see that I have to check my whole work from the last weekend.

I think what I reported was a bug, and I assumed it had been fixed. I’m still using v3.7.8 so haven’t checked this yet. I’ll probably upgrade soon.

(Edit: The issue I reported didn’t affect existing SC API files.)

I consider this as a serious bug, as all new added filtered tinyint database fields are wongly implemented.

Thanks Teodor

This should have been fixed in Wappler 3.8.3 update. Make sure to refresh the database table as it caches the field types.

Hi Patrick, refresh where exactly? As refresh in insert/update panel still doesn’t work for me

I see, reapply after refresh resets to number and “=”.

The refresh only updates the metadata from the database, it does not update anything in the query, so you indeed have to reapply the condition after the refresh.

1 Like

Just to confirm: after upgrading to 3.8.3, is it necessary to make any changes - to reapply conditions using Tinyint - for existing API files to work, or is it only needed to update the UI so it displays correctly?