Theme manager with NodeJS projects

I am revisiting this again, because I am having a hell of a time trying to make the new custom styles show. Doing everything as instructed and using the custom style to create and publish and can see the styles and is set to local bootstrap and still the colors do not change to my custom styles.

Is anyone else having issue with the Theme manager?

Watch the first one minute of this video:

thanks @ben but is in Wappler itself. There is an underlying issue where it is not using the local custom bootstrap file. It doesn’t appear to want to update.

@StevenM
It’s not really clear to me what exactly are you doing. Can you check if Bootstrap 4 is set to local?
Are you testing on a local or remote server? Maybe show a short video demonstrating the problem.

Yep will do. I am starting from scratch with clean project to see if setting the local bootstrap first will fix the issue rather than changing from cdn to local after pages have been created.

hi @Teodor I have attached a video I just can get the custom bootstrap to switch to local !

Style sheet locations:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" integrity="sha384-wvfXpqpZZVQGK6TAh5PVlGOfQNHSoD2xbE+QkPxCAFlNEevoEH3Sl0sibVcOQVnN" crossorigin="anonymous" />
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="fontawesome5/css/all.min.css" />
	<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no">
	<link rel="stylesheet" href="bootstrap/4/css/bootstrap.min.css" />

Well from the code you pasted and from your video I see it is already using the local version.
Have you tried changing a color in the theme manager or clicking the regenerate button?
Maybe save your file and restart Wappler?

Yes to all the above everything for the last 4 hours and nothing, nada absolutely no recognition what so ever!

Please open the terminal at the bottom and check for errors when regenerating the theme.
What is your target set to?

See below.

Also interesting enough when I click the “Preview theme” button the file it produces has the code in it and references the correct css bootstrap file but the page preview is empty. But the bootstrap file is not empty it is as it is in the theme manager.

frameworks

Targets

Ah, so you are using nodejs!
Theme Manager with a nodejs server has not yet been fully integrated. It will be fixed in the next beta!

giphy-cry

We will release a few more betas in the next few days (before the official v3 release), so this will be fixed in the next one.

1 Like

@George as you deliver patch notes it would be of great help if you could compile and state high level what features will not work with nodejs in successive betas.

1 Like

Well we try to make everything work and even more :slight_smile: and you will see that on each beta release notes. And your help is greatly appreciated to see what we have missed.

And sometimes we break stuff :slight_smile: and again with your help we find that out and fix it.

Praise to the beta’s :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also noticed that date time type fields particularly local date time format works in php but doesn’t work other than “date” type in node.js version.

I have the same function in php and node.js and doesn’t work in node.js. It works in the Wappler browser view, but not when you open up in a browser.

Can you please post different issues in different topics. Also an exact example of what you are doing on your page exactly?

Indeed. Not disagreeing with how Betas work. Although this would be more of an Alpha to me. Not because it’s in bad shape or anything. What works works. But I’ve seen so many //TODOs in the code :rofl:

Anyway…po-tay-to po-tah-to…as I am personally happy to get this as an early release.

I know you have complicated Thursdays trying to get the release out, patch notes and documentation and that is just for the public. I can’t imagine the overhead you also have internally.

I just think a few minutes of compiling in the notes what’s fully integrated, what’s partially and what’s not would allow users to test the release better. Steven would have not invested 4 hours trying to make work something that was not going to work and Teo would have not wasted time scratching his head trying to understand what Steven was doing wrong. It turns out nobody was wrong but they won’t recover that time ever. I think it’s a win-win for both parts.

4 Likes

This issue has been fixed in beta 3.