Theme Manager does nothing on starter pages

I only post here after I click on every possible thing and look for everything obvious.

Wappler 4
New Project - Starter Page - Portfolio
Call it whatever.
Click Theme Manager, make changes to theme. Changes are not reflected on starter page. I canʻt see any way to change the css that the starter page is referencing. If I change a color in the theme manger, I see the “old” colors on the starter page selection dropdowns like for text color for example.

If I make a new blank file in that project, then add some blocks, then my changes in Theme Manager are reflected.
It seems we canʻt use the starter pages if want to change the theme. I donʻt see an obvious way of doing that.

Thanks

What framework is included on the starter pages?
What framework is selected in the Design Framework menu?

Those options are not presented when choosing new project - web - templates - portfolio.
I see this page, and I see no way to choose or change the framework or what css is being used. I get this page, and nothing in the theme manager makes any difference.

Tom, open the project settings - what Design Framework is selected there?
Open the Frameworks menu in App Connect panel - what Bootstrap version is applied there?

Itʻs Tony…
Under Project settings - design framework - the default is Bootstrap4

Where is the App Connect panel?

Sorry, confused you with another user with the same avatar :slight_smile:

Thanks, would have never found that icon…

There is a checkbox next to Bootstrap 4 cdn

Well the theme manager requires you to include the bootstrap local version, it does not work with CDN!

and that is one of the basic icons in App Connect panel - the one you are using to include frameworks on your page!

I didnʻt choose CDN, that is the default!!

You really need a simple page somewhere that describes the differences in the frameworks.

Well yes, and if you want to use the theme manager, then you need to switch to local.

The default blank project is already setup with bootstrap5 local for direct theming and the new nodejs template pages.

We will be updating the starter pages also soon.

So for now use the blank new project or just change the bootstrap framework to local manually as indicated above.

1 Like

This was improved in later Wappler updates