The Editor's Frequent Freeze - on code edits

Hello,
Is it possible to provide a little more detailed information about this?
“The Editor’s Frequent Freeze” doesn’t really help us resolve your issue…

Well, I myself have no specific reason. I’m just coding along and it freezes. However, I just noticed that when I reopened the file in BBE, I saw two {{undefined}} above the !doctype html.

I noted that when I edit in the Code view (more so than in the Design side), every now and again when I place my cursor in an area to insert bindings, as soon as I clicked the insert binding button, it would scroll up a line or two and the insert would fail.

If I double clicked the area where I wanted to insert a binding, it worked without incident. Nevertheless, the freeze today hit about twenty minutes after these previously mentioned incidents.

I had seen these {{undefined}} inserted at the top of the page before, but I just deleted them and continued to work. At the time I had no idea what may have caused them.

I now believe they may play a part in the freeze: {{undefined}}{{undefined}}

Now what is causing them to be placed at the very top of the page is the confusion of the day.

Does only the code editor freezes? Maybe it just takes a while to refresh…? Every time you leave the code editor (blur) and go to other panels or switch to design view a sync action is done so design view gets up to date.

Usually this goes unnoticed but maybe if you have huge files it takes a split second to complete.
Note that this is done only when you leaving the code view - not during your code edits.

If you do find a specific steps when it happens - maybe you can capture and send us the wappler debug log, as described in:

5 posts were split to a new topic: Inserting {{undefined}} data binding

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Inserting {{undefined}} data binding

Topic spitted was we were talking about two problems. Please continue conversation here only on the freezing issue

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Inserting {{undefined}} data binding

This is solved now in vet 1.2.0

1 Like