Switching projects problem

Several times when switching projects, this has appeared:

… and remains. The only solution seems to be close Wappler. On restarting, the project I wanted to switch to appears.

I suppose it’s possible that the switch might happen if I wait long enough. It’s just happened again now; after getting a cup of coffee, the switching was still apparently in progress so I closed Wapper. It seems to be a bug.

yeap true but sometime
windows 10

Yes, I should have said: Windows 10.

(I haven’t noticed it on a Mac but I use Windows most of the time, so it may apply to both.)

I have the same problem at the moment…

I think it still happens as much as before. It may be that I don’t wait long enough, but occasionally I leave it while I get some coffee and nothing has changed.

I’ve never noticed a problem just closing and reopening Wappler (but it would be nice not to have to).

if this happens and it takes really longer than expected, you should enable the logging and try to recreate and then send us the wappler debug file.

as described in:

The problem is that you don’t know it’s going to happen until it happens - until you choose a project to switch to; sometimes it will switch straightaway, sometimes it will get stuck.

I think it’s more likely to happen when you’ve been working on one project for a while, with quite a few pages open (but I’m not sure what triggers it). I’ll try to remember to switch on logging when I have a feeling it might happen.

true is difficult to track indeed.

we already managed to fix some rare cases, so it should go much better after the next update.
but we will keep an eye on it.

So far, the problem seems to have gone. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh yes - forgot to say we found it and fix it in Wappler 1.8.2 :slight_smile: