Support for DECIMAL precision in Database Manager

Well what database are you using and what database type are you storing it into?

database is MySql 8.0, im using api_currency_code is text type, api_currency_rate is decimal type.

And how is the decimal field defined/set up exactly?

Just like a database table field and type choosen to decimal, like this on the screenshot

Did you create this table and its fields using the database manager or a third party tool?

Everything inside wappler, i used database manager :slight_smile:

The default Decimal created by the database manager is DECIMAL(8,2) - which in most of the cases is perfectly fine for storing prices etc. as you only need 2 symbols after the decimal point.
We will see if we can improve this and add an option in the database manager to allow selection of the symbols after the decimal point.

Meanwhile you can open your database table in a tool like mysql workbench or similar and edit its decimal type to accept more symbols after the decimal point.

1 Like

Yes, i did like that it worked :slight_smile: thanks for the support, wappler team support is quick and best! i appreciate it.

We will see if we can improve this and add an option in the database manager to allow selection of the symbols after the decimal point

consider the edit table view also shows none rounded value for decimals, even though i edited the decimal(8,2) to decimal(8,5) in MySql WorkBench, but Wappler edit table or view table data is shows rounded value but the actual value stored :slight_smile: , thats what i wanted anyway.

Thanks