Asp.net: Summernote and medium editor error

I have a strange problem on a page used to write articles for a site. The page consists of a file upload, a standard text field, and two text area fields.
Atfer a picture is uploaded, the url for the file and the three text fields are saved in a mssql database table. No problems so far. BUT if i change one of the text area fields to Summernote or smalleditor I get an error if I put any value in that field. If the field is empty, no problem. Just one letter, and I get a 500 server error. Any ideas what can couse this? I tried both varchar(max) and nvarchar(max) as field types in the MSSQL table, but same error

As usual, we can’t tell what’s wrong until you provide the exact error message:

I allways have debugging on, as there are so many faults, when making changes to server connects, but I get no more error messages than the picture below. As you can see of the log, I first uploaded without error with the summernote field empty, then when entering an a in the field theres a 500 error

Well you need to enable the detailed error reporting on your server, so that you can see the detailed error message.

It is turned on, but for this error I only get a 500 error. If i try just to open the aspx file i get this error: (naturaly, as there is no file named yet)

{message: “Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.”,…}
lastAction: {name: “image”, module: “image”, action: “load”, options: {path: null, autoOrient: true},…}
message: “Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.”
orgException: {ClassName: “System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException”,…}

Detailed error reporting is not enabled on the server. Even the error message says that:

So please enable it to see the exact error message returned on submit.

I know it says so, but I have added web.config, and turned on detailed messages in my hosting configuration (It is a shared server), but on this page it does not work. I dont know why, and neither does the hosting company. Very frustraiting, as I am now stuck in the deveopement of this site unntil I get some idea why summernote and smalleditir makes it crash

It’s not related to Summernote or Medium editor. This is a serverside error and we need the detailed error to tell you what’s the issue.

Set it up at my old server and got this message, did not make my any wiser tough

Well the error message is quite clear now. Your server configuration is causing this.
You can find plenty of info about this error by googling it. Example:

Check this article on how to disable this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/aspnet/hh882339(v=vs.110)

1 Like

You have encountered some stupid asp.net form validation that you need to disable:

Thank you, that solved the problem, but what a stupid feature in .net

1 Like