Stripe Checkout Errors - Id is missing in session response, no navigation to stripe checkout page

Hello,

I have been following this tutorial Stripe Subscriptions to create stripe enabled checkout form via server-side checkout session. I have come across a couple of issues while setting this up.

1. Id is missing in session response - The output for set value id is enabled and the value is available in the dev console.

1. When I click on Checkout button to run the stripe session Url, the checkout session is successfully created, and the server API also generates a stripe hosted checkout url correctly. But the click event doesn’t navigate to the https://checkout.stripe.com/.... Url to collect subscriber and card details.

I have rechecked the steps a few times according to the tutorial but can’t find why the error is coming up and the session is not navigating to the stripe checkout page. Any help in resolving these issues is greatly appreciated.

I would appreciate any help in troubleshooting this error.

I am integrating Stripe in the project currently running Wappler v6.3.3 Stable channel.

Refer the doc here: Stripe Checkout with Custom Products

Specifically the Checkout Session section. Important part:

1. And add a Set Value step
  2. This step should be called id

Not sure if this is the problem, but looks like it.

Hi Siddhant, thanks for the response.

I have added the Set Value step with name id as explained in the docs. The output value is also available in the dev console. The url to checkout session also doesn’t work, which I believe is due to unavailability of the id.

I have figured out why the Stripe Subscriptions setup was not working correctly.

I had set up all the steps in a library function and executing the lib steps in the external API. This setup didn’t work as expected. Once I setup the API normally without using the lib execute step, the process started working correctly.

1 Like