Strato.de database, possible with Wappler?

I am considering to use Strato.de as a provider, but starting to wonder if it works with Wappler as the provider has restrictions on remote DB access. Anyone experience with them?

Have a look at @George’s answer:

Thanks for the suggestion @ben. I got pretty far as I was able to log on to the server with SSH and also access the MySQL through the terminal (I am on mac). Yet I cannot seem to get this to work on Wappler using the SSH, stating:

Error connecting Knex: Timeout acquiring a connection. The pool is probably full. Are you missing a .transacting(trx) call?

Anyone any ideas? The terminal in Wappler also provides a range of errors, e.g.

Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use 127.0.0.1:45434 at Server.setupListenHandle [as _listen2] (net.js:1317:16) at listenInCluster (net.js:1365:12) at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.doListen [as callback] (net.js:1502:7) at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:69:8)

Just for the record: anyone else considering using Wappler and Strato; don’t do it.

Not only did I waste so much time figuring out that in the end everything is blocked and nothing works, their helpdesk is terribly slow (I am talking days) and provide conflicting info (I even almost lost my domain name because of their mismanagement :confused: ).

Just like other shared hosts. There is not much difference between them.

There is a reason why all of them can keep prices low.