Still unable to use design view with dynamic data when Google Autocomplete is on page

Wappler Version : 3.7.8
Operating System : MAC
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySql8
Hosting Type: Docker AWS

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

I would like to be able to use the design view with dynamic data with pages that have the Google Autocomplete.

What actually happens?

Screen is blank/white.

What happens if you turn App Connect off?

Sorry Brad, poor use of terminology by me. When I say view with dynamic data - I mean with App Connect mode on (the little lightening bolt) - it works fine without - so I spend my whole time working with Wappler in AC off, and split view.

Are there errors on the page? What page is that? Is it working in the browser?

No errors on the page - I assume it’s relating to the Google API Key issue - I don’t believe that was ever resolved.

It all works fine in the browser.

This is on a content page, I have the key manually entered in the layout page.

What API key issue are you referring to? If the API key is missing then autocomplete won’t work in the browser.

This: Google Autocomplete Bugs - API Key still not saving, and 'Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined' - NODEJS

Everything works fine in the browser (as I have implemented the key manually as above in the layout page), I’m using Autocomplete a lot, just can’t use any page with dynamic data within wappler UI.

What do you mean page with dynamic data? So page without dynamic data works - like static text, but if you bind dynamic binding and it stops working?

Blue Lightening Bolt (App Connect - ON) = Dynamic Data to me, my poor use of terminology here.
With the Blue Lightening Bolt OFF then the page works fine.

I am having the exact same error. If I add google autocomplete component or google maps component to a page the design view in wappler for that page will no longer display (just a blank grey screen). If I load the page in the browser it works properly the only issue is inside wappler in the design view.

I have tried creating new projects and the error is consistent across all my projects new and old.

Note: I have only tested this and get the error with node.js, I have not tested with php.

Wappler Version : 3.7.8
Operating System : WINDOWS
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: MySql
Hosting Type: Custom

1 Like

Fixed in Wappler 5.0.4