Sorting Table Tutorial

Sure, I have created a clean page with a single table created by following the Tutorial;

https://grafitec.co.uk/test/list.php

It looks like not all the files are uploaded:

It seems you have not uploaded all the files to the server as a lot of them are reported as missing:

1 Like

:wink:

Have reloaded the dmx files via Wappler, not sure why it didn’t do it itself.

Page now shows no errors and the sort arrows are showing correctly, however the columns are still not sorting, any ideas why?

Wappler didn’t do what? When you upload your site to a remote hosting you need to hit publish so all the files are uploaded.

How is you server action set up? How is your database query set up?

Have created another test page. It has a very simple db query which shows all records from a single table, there are no conditions or sorting in the query builder.

The page shows the results of a simple repeat from a single column using the serverconnect instance on the page. The table generator used the same serverconnect instance and shows all the columns available but as you can see there are no results. I don’t understand why.
The page has an error in the inspect panel but it’s one I again don’t understand.

Not sure i am following.
Is this another issue you are reporting here or is it related to the initial one?
Also i did ask you to post a few screenshots of:

which you did not provide.

Again i don’t understand what are you referring to.

When reporting different issues, make sure to post them in separate topics please!

Is not a request for screenshots!

And yes its all related to the dynamic table sorting not working…

Server action setup

DB Query

And is your old link not working any longer?
I see something completely broken there, not a dynamic table displaying results …

I don’t know whats going wrong. I will delete everything and start again, since I pressed the publish button as you suggested I cannot get the table generator to produce a table that shows any results yet if I create a simple repeat region its working, seems like the Table Generator is broken…

Can i just add here I see your app connect version is 1.14.0

Did you install the file in this thread if using Wappler 4.9.0

Thank you for your input.
Yes I used Wappler 4.9.0 to undertake all the work. I have deleted and recreated both the server action and the list.php after rebooting my pc and asking Wappler to publish the site just in case, as before files might be missing on the server. The result is the table still refuses to show and records which the simple repeat on the page does!

There is a bug in Wappler 4.9.0 this maybe why it’s not displaying the tables records I’m not sure entirely what elements it effects and with filters etc but you should download and install the Zip in the thread I linked it fixes the issue in App connect version 1.14.0 and might fix this issue or at least make the records appear.

Get this file:

and replace the existing one on your local and remote sites. This will fix the table not displaying data issue.

1 Like

OK, thank you Teodor, the table now displays data as expected and there are no errors on the page now.

Unfortunately the sorting still won’t work. I have re-checked the tutorial to make sure I haven’t made a stupid mistake but I can’t see one if I have.

Are you sure you added the actual columns in the query builder and didn’t just select * there? Sorting requires you to pick the tables you need and does not work with *

1 Like

Thank Teodor, yes has now worked straight away…

Perhaps it might be worth mentioning this on the Tutorial for future reference.

This.
Thank you. Had the same challenge, took me about an hour off cross reading.