Some SPA Questions Before I Dive In

I think it is time to redo our company website. I would like to take this opportunity to experiment and learn about routing and SPA. I feel I am missing out on some good techniques. But I have a couple questions before I start:

• Can SPAs handle data detail pages? Such as a blog article list and click on a link to go to details page
  • If so, would that detail page have it’s own URL that can be linked to in social medias?
  • IS it best to build out the pages first and then convert them to SPA inserts or can I build out all the inserts and then add content to them after?
  • Does anyone have any good examples of a SPA they built with Wappler?

Be prepared for lots of newbie routing and SPA questions as I dive into this unknown world. :wink:

Yes, that’s what they are useful for. One main template with different views (the blog posts) included in it.

Yes, exactly.

By the way single page apps are not always literally single page apps :slight_smile: you can have different main templates with views. For example your site blog section may look differently than the portfolio section, but they can both include different views.

Examples of SPAs/hybrid SPAs:

You can check the explanations there :slight_smile:

Thanks Teodor! Wish me luck on my new adventure into the SPA and routing world.

1 Like

Good luck, Brad! We’re here to help you :slight_smile:
You can start with some simple local tests to see how it works :slight_smile:

Just read through the docs. Seems simple in theory. Maybe I will even have something showcase worthy when I am done.

1 Like

Should I be using Site Root or Document in my Project Settings? Seems to be issues when using Site Root.

I use relative to document.