Small Bug - saving Library Server Actions

Wappler Version : 3.6.1
Operating System : Big Sur
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: AWS - Docker

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

When editing a ‘Library’ Server Action file, clicking Save should update the UI.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

Clicking Save gives the ‘File saved successfully’ message but the changes don’t show in the UI until switching project and back again.

How to reproduce

Create a Library file, add an action and click save. Without switching project and back, no changes show but do show after switching:

Hi @bpj, wondering if you were able to find a solution for the problem you are experiencing?

Not yet. Other than either closing the project and reopening or switching to another project and back again, it will be down to @george and the team to fix. I’m sure once they are back in the swing of things after their Christmas break, they will fix it in an update.

I have a similar (random ?) bug with windows 10.
I need to completely exit wappler processes and library files are written to disk when restarting it.
After some more research, it seems that lib files are saved under the ‘files’ folder of my target (which is itself in the hidden .wappler folder) and they don’t update right away my ‘general’ file structure which makes the UI out of sync when you change to another server action and then come back to the lib server action you were working on.

This does not happen with regular server actions.
Very strange

1 Like

what happens when you hit the refresh button on the actions?

It makes no difference, changes do not show until the project is closed and reopened - even more weirdly, saving the Global Server Action makes no difference to the file on disk until the project is closed - opening it in the editor does not reflect any changes either.

@bpj, for me changes do not even take place after I have changed projects. I had to actually go back to the 3.5 version I had and then make the changes there.

Hi @George,
I know I bumped another one earlier, but this is causing me problems too. Could it be fixed for the next update? :pray:

@bpj, I just updated to the new version (3.7.0), however I am still experiencing the same problem!
At this point I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but whenever I save any changes to the query builder, it doesn’t take effect.

I didn’t see it in the release notes so I guess @george and the team didn’t have a chance to address this one. They must have had a huge push to integrate Bootstrap 5 which would have been a big job!

Maybe in next week’s update?

1 Like

What is the active target selected? And what kind of target is it?

When I’m trying with a local development target, it all saves and refreshes fine.

Will still investigate - as it is something with the targets indeed as @jeoff75 found.

Found the problem, Library actions were indeed wrongly save separately per target while they should be all the same for all targets.

So the final changes for the next update will be:

• Library actions with multiple targets - libraries are all the same now and not stored per target
  • Also the Global action is a single action and not different per target.
  • Only the Global settings like Database Connections, Mailer, OAuth2 providers and Security Providers are stored per target.
4 Likes

Fixed in Wappler 3.7.1

7 posts were split to a new topic: Database action changes not saved from UI