Shopping Cart: Am I ready for payment gateway?

George, you asked for this …

Luckily on our current site that we have to keep it was easy to buy tickets because DMXZone made a great Dreamweaver extension that made it possible and easy. :wink:

Sorry, just had to get that dig in there :wink:

1 Like

Oh well at least you gave it a shot.

The problem I see with extensions is that they need to be maintained. The Stripe API changes fairly regularly so the team would have to keep on top of it to maintain a decent plugin, that’s why the API connector is available.

I understand though it’s not easy for everyone but I would rather development hours go into the Wappler core product rather than plugins or extensions, but each to their own.

2 Likes

lol, I just can't seem to get this out of my head. I like my cart too much. I decided since I have told the board I can't do it I have some time now to get this working before we can resume putting on productions.

So, I am kinda trying to do sections at a time. Tried the API step without any databases. No idea if it will work, just had to start somewhere. Nothing to lose at this point.

When I click on my payment button I get the following error and the button does nothing.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Started trying it with the database inserts and updates.

It looks like you haven’t passed any line items to Stripe in your server api action. You can just send line_items[0][name] as ‘Tickets’ or ‘Basket Contents’ or similar.

Name Value
success_url https://mydomain.com/success
cancel_url https://mydomain.com/cancel
mode payment
payment_method_types[0] card
customer_email ***Note: Not required but pre-fills Stripe checkout
line_items[0][currency] usd
line_items[0][amount] {{totalPrice[0].TotalPrice * 100}} - Change for your query or price
line_items[0][name] Give this a description your user will recognise
line_items[0][quantity] 1

Hmmm, I have all of the ones you have there. Only difference is I have the amount hard coded as I haven’t go to the order total query yet.

1 Like

Your amount needs to be as an integer rather than decimal

Changed it to 10 and made no difference. :frowning:

For Square, this needs to be a minimum of $1 or 100. Maybe Stripe requires the same. (just trying to help)

Just a thought, I used the price_id update from Stripe. After you set up your products in stripe you will get a price id or each price you set for each product. So for example if you have different sizes of a product you could charge price1 for size1 and price2 for size2. Each of the prices has an associated price_id. If you paste the price_id in the value where you have 100.00 it works for me. The good thing is that with a price_id you don’t need a product id because each price is associated with an amount and product. So all you need is the price_id and quantity.

Thanks Daniel,

I’m not using the products in the Stripe dashboard. I’m using products from my own database. I have it all working perfectly now thanks to the help of this community.

2 Likes