Severe lack of Mobile App Documentation

Dave,
Wappler’s part of the whole process is to build the front and back end for your app, then connect them togehter, then build them together as an app package (apk/ipa) and if you wish - to emulate it on your connected device or emulator (if you have one installed).

Then, when you go and publish your app, you usually check the App Stores’ guides on signing and publishing.

More, you can check every platform’s docs directly from within Wappler:
Screenshot_41

As for server security settings - how can we guess your server runs some weird security settings, that probably nobody else uses? I remember this being an issue only on your server even with simple server connect actions. It’s not possible to guess all the security settings the user may or may not have set up on his server.

I’m just happy I got it to work if I am honest Teodor.

:wink:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! I beg to defer. CloudFlare, ModSecurity, CSF, Imunify 360… Quite standard these days!

If remember right it was exactly a weird modsecurity setting which broke some really simple server action.
That’s actually never been reported by anybody else since the release of these tools in 2013. Probably the issues you were having with your server are related.
That’s what i meant with my post.

We take server security incredibly seriously, and not for granted. We have responsibilities and use industry standard rules to protect against various activities on our network.

I still think the best way forward is for one of the Wappler team to make a YouTube video showing the creation of the web app and the mobile app and the process of linking the two together. Just a very simple database table with one record and have the mobile app display the data from that record.

I was pinning my hopes on @Hyperbytes doing this in his webinar series but it sounds like even he is struggling with it.

Until we are ready with the mobile app docs, you can check this old DMXzone tutorial, explaining how to do this, even though it’s using the old HTML5 Data Bindings there the logic is the same:

1 Like

Sadly you are correct @sitestreet, I am sure i can crack the problem but I am so busy at present I struggle to find time to “play” with this aspect. Sadly the linked webinar may yet need to be deferred, better not to do it than get it horribly wrong.

But it’s not deferred yet so lets keep positive, who knows, you may get a big surprise

you make me sound much cleverer than I really am, not an expert in everything, there are those much better qualified in mobile apps than me on the forum I believe :smiley:

Your webinars have been excellent and really helped me unlock the way to work with Wappler so I really was looking forward to the mobile episode so I do hope you manage to get it sorted.

I’m going to look at Teodor’s link to the DMXzone info to see if that gives me enough to get started.

1 Like

I am in the process of linking iOS and Android apps to a Wappler web app to show dynamic data, user login, permissions, payments, notifications etc.

Once it’s ready (and the client agrees) I will create a showcase and a tutorial (when I have a spare 5 minutes!)

I am also thinking of creating a kind of packaging tool to help with the build process and certificates. If there’s enough interest, I’d be happy to look at putting something together.

2 Likes

@max_gb, I’d be very interested in that.

Hello, all!

I agree with most of the criticism about lack of docs for apps. Having said that, I evaluated Wappler to make an alternative made by myself to the app that my app engineer was coding for my project (which I already had developed in web). My idea was not to rely so much on him, should things go sour. Anyway, the app he’s coding is made with Ionic/Angular/Cordova.

First, with Wappler, I could not find a way to connect to the REST APIs, which is a must when you want to access or modify data on the server, be it database, images, files or anything. Does anyone have a clue on how to define (in Wappler) a https REST API connection and access this REST? (sorry, my Wappler trial ended but I’d happily buy it if I could do this).

Thank you all in advance, you’re a great community.

Cristian.

There is a specific API connector component both in App Connect and Server connect as well as OAuth authorisation connector. It supports every API I have needed to use as long as they support json responses

I have interfaced with
Stripe
Amadeus
Google Maps
Google Drive
Paypal
but to mention a few within the last few weeks

Hey there… thank you VERY MUCH.
Can you point me to where I can create an API connector component? Maybe detail the step by step process? I’ve found that Wappler is excellent but its UI is not that intuitive for me.
Thanks in advance, I’d really appreciate it.
Best regards,

Cristian.

Lots of examples on the forum, Perhaps a start would be the ecommerce section of the forum which has example for using Stripe

My thoughts exactly.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Problems using server actions from another project

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problems using server actions from another project