Sever Side Rendering with NodeJS

Thank you for clarifying.

Anyway, you can always add server-side bindings from the server action selected on the page using this option:

2 Likes

Hi,

I tried to follow this tutorial from beginning.
Somehow Iā€™m lost when ā€˜Content Page Setupā€™ part.
Why my content page, server-side data parts are different from your screenshot?
Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 18.57.25

And when I click the select server action, I only find ā€˜APIā€™. I canā€™t find the Server Actions folder with meta tags as per the screenshot?

Am I missing some steps?

Teo:

Iā€™m curious, will server side rendering with NodeJS speed up the data delivery on the page? Or is there another way to speed up a query to display the data?

hi, @Teodor any chance to respond to my question above?
Still canā€™t figure out how to set up the content page

I tried directly write the page title & description to server side data, but somehow those page template not updated when navigate across the page.

Any way to change the title (from Layout template data) when navigate to change page?

Have a look at

Near the bottom, I show the database version which is what you are alluding to.

No.

Server side rendering creates HTTP requests, while client side rendering is performed within the browser; no page refresh.

Use HTTP/2 (even better: HTTP/3) and a CDN plus a Service Worker that caches the data for returning users,

Thanks for your help Ben!

Is this Service Worker be installed within or outside Wappler by a knowledge limited user like me? Or is this a subscription service by a third party?

What would you recommend?

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the response.

I tried to follow what you are doing here

However, I experience the error ā€˜JSON Data Source Not Foundā€™.

I put the JSON data inside views/data folder.

Any step that I missed here?

Thank you!

Have a look at

Have you inserted a JSON Data Source to the page?

Thanks Ben!

Hi Ben,

Yes, I do. I guess this is a bug?

I think, as it is client-side, the json file will need to be in a public folder - not the views folder

Hi @bpj

I move it to a public folder. However, it remains the same.

Found the issue. JSON data is not found when selecting data using ā€˜Folder Buttonā€™.
Remove the ā€˜/ā€™ in front, now it works. Already report the bugs.

Thanks @bpj @ben

2 Likes