Set Value - Unable to See Edit and Picker Icons

Wappler Version : 3.5.5
Operating System : Windows 10
Server Model: PHP
Database Type: MySQL
Hosting Type: Custom

Following up on the bug Value Input in Properties Section Does Not Scroll - Wappler General / Bugs - Wappler Community, although this was improved in the update mentioned, but the issue still remains.

Even though the value input is scrollable in itself, which is great, the options for edit & picker are still not in sight and require resizing of the panel.
To add to it, the server action panel does not retain the width settings. Refreshing the panel, resets its width. Had opened a separate bug for this, but can’t seem to find it.

Hi @George, any update on this? Will it be fixed in the next update?

well this actually should have being improved. Did you try to make the panel wider?

Yes. Making the panel wider does show the options. As you can see in the screenshot, the pencil icon is just barely visible. Expanding it shows both the icons correctly.
What I hope the solution would be is the value field would resize as per the available area and not to a fixed width - allowing the pencil and picker icons to be visible always.

Resizing the panel is not a solution also because the panel size is not stored. Hitting refresh or changing project or restarting Wappler resets the width of the server action panels - list and steps - to default. There is already some post open for it.
If this issue can be fixed, this hidden icon issue would be less annoying.

Hi @George any update on fixing the panel width issue?
Either making the items responsive or remember the panel size?

Another bump. @George can you please reply on the status of this UI bug?
This is a third consecutive reply. So I might not be able to reply again due to forum policy.

I grant you three more wishes :wink:

1 Like

Sid, what kind of value are you exactly inserting there? Like a whole HTML page?

Kind of. Its a 130 line HTML, to be used later for creating a PDF. Not very heavy though. Each line has limited characters.

Thanks @mebeingken :wink:

This is a problem with HTML content being used there. Pasting long text is fine:

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 17.23.38

it’s the HTML code breaking it. It’s not an easy fix and i can’t provide any timeframe for improving this.

I think you are not seeing this because your text has line breaks. A single very long text breaks this. It is not because of HTML.

Here is another instance of it. This URL being created has lots of parameters. So its a single huge text with no spaces.
Without proper width management, the icons for edit & picker are often hidden.
And there is no horizontal scroll bar here either, so there is no option but to keep readjusting the width everytime I switch a project or refresh server action list.

Nope it doesn’t:

Maybe provide the exact content you are placing in the setvalue step so we can test with it.

That is not what this bug report is about.
Its about the two buttons for edit & picker not showing, and no vertical scrolling on the complete panel here… and not the popup that opens on click of edit.
Please read the issue description again.

Sid, see my screenshot! The two buttons for edit and dynamic data ARE there.
My screenshot shows a REALLY LONG TEXT on ONE line as you suggested. That’s why i posted it!

You have still not read the issue. Please read all the comments above carefully.

If I expand the left SA sidebar, I can also see them. The bug here is Wappler does not remember the width of the panels. So I can’t keep re-adjusting the width of the panels. It should either give a vertical scrolling option, or remember the width everytime I switch between projects or refresh SAs.

And as I have written, your text has spaces/line-breaks in them, which is probably why you are not able to replicate this.

Sid, i’ve read the issue pretty well. It’s you who don’t read my replies well probably. I am not expanding the panel. I am using it in TWO column layout, but it also works fine in ONE column layout.
As i explained - long content works perfectly fine and i am 100% sure it’s your weird HTML content you are trying to put inside which breaks this.

Video attached:

And no, it does not have linebreaks and that is why i added my previous screenshot to show you it’s a ONE LINE text.
Are you sure you are using the latest Wappler version? The panel not saving size issue has been fixed like a couple of months back …

Anyway, please provide the content you are trying to put in the setvalue step so we can check what are you doing there.

You are missing the point about screen sizes and resolution here. The width you have is not what I would have. Or anyone else.
As in your video, you certainly don’t expect use to work in a multi-panel environment with 3/4 of the screen covered just by the left panel. Where would the code view & right panel go?
To have a productive environment, I have SA in two column view, then code view and right panel.

Irrespective of the width, I should not have to resize the panels to adjust the UI. The UI should either be responsive or handle overflow with a scroller.
As you can see in screenshot above, I have to keep adjusting 2nd column of the left panel because everytime I change project, or refresh the SA list, the 2nd column becomes smaller.

I mistakenly wrote line-breaks. What I meant was spaces. Your text has spaces.

The issue that was resolved was for the complete width of the panel, and not the inner separator between SA list and steps panel.

https://ppskey-int.credorax.com/keypayment/rest/v2/paymentRequest?K={{K}}&3ds_initiate=0{{ThreeD_3ds_initiate}}&3ds_transtype=0{{ThreeD_3ds_transtype}}&BackURL={{BackURL}}&FailURL={{FailURL}}&M={{querySchoolDetails.strMerchantID}}&O={{O}}&Skin={{Skin}}&SuccessURL={{SuccessURL}}&a1={{a1}}&a4={{a4_amount}}&a5={{a5_currency}}&c3={{c3_email}}&h9={{h9}}&i1={{i1_description}}&shopperID={{queryParentDetails.uniqueShopperID}}
1 Like

Thanks, with your explanation and example it’s more clear now.
We are checking this.

@sid if you just resize the panel to make it more wide, it should be all fine: