Set Minium SDK/Target Android Versions

Here’s what worked for me…

• In Wappler created new mobile project with blank bootstrap
  • Added platform manually in the wappler terminal using cordova platform add android@latest
  • Opened the project in AS
  • Upgraded gradle using prompts from within AS

• Performed build in AS

Here’s the SDK platform from AS:

Obviously this is just a bare bones, but maybe it helps you.

1 Like

For some reason this does not work under Linux @mebeingken

Will try to confirm my environmental variables, but all are set correctly within every other Project so a little weird… Bare with me while I try to debug the issue, the above is extremely appreciated and gives me some ideas to try out.

For what it’s worth, I think that the preference in config.xml is not doing anything in my project – it is more likely one of my failed attempts. It is probably more important that I got sdk 30 installed properly in AS that got things working. Can’t say for sure, and there is no way I’m taking that preference out at this point because it is working! :rofl:

Will do a reboot as sometimes these environmental variables may need a refresh, see if that helps me out…

I’m sure others will learn a lot from this Topic, will condense down the answers to a new Topic when have figured out my side under Ubuntu.

Thank you Ken, appreciate you’re a busy man sir, likewise George!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, we have a word in England, its called ‘Bollox’, I say bollox to Android Studio for submitting my apps to the Play Store. Now using inline signing for certificates in my Developer Account to handle this.

Wappler works perfectly by the way, if anyone was questioning this after the above discussion.

Bollox to you Android Studio!

A final thought though… Might put in a request for the Linux port of Wappler to prompt for the sudo password as to install Cordova this is required and has to be done in the terminal (sudo npm install -g cordova) as it fails to install via the System Check due to permissions… Maybe doing this causes the conflict? I don’t know, just a thought!

:wink: