Session variables not active in Browser View

I am running Docker locally. I have created sessions in Wappler. When I go to Preview Mode the session variables are displayed. When I run the same pages via the browser they do not display the session variables. Does anyone know why that is?

Hi Bruce

Are these server sessions or browser sessions? Try clearing your browser cache?

I did that. I cleared the cache.

You do realize that the Wappler design view is a different browser than your regular browser so it keeps a different session…

George, yes I am aware that Wappler has it’s own browser. I mentioned that I am using Docker locally for clarification.

I am still puzzled why I am not able to see the results of session variables in the browser (safari), but everything works in Wappler. That is the mystery for me.

Also are talking about browser sessions or server session? If the later what is your server model?

George. These are browser sessions.

I just upgraded to 3.3.5 version. After I opened the new version the sessions are no longer being displayed in Wappler. I guess I have more diagnosing to do now.

Well browser sessions expire when you close your browser. If you need more permanent solution you can use the local storage state manager

See also:

George, totally agree. In this application I need them to expire on close of the browser session since nothing should reside on the client side afterwards. No cookies.

Thank you for the How to on Arrays. This may be useful some time in the future.

Issue has been resolved. Sessions should be created from Dynamic Events on Success rather than from a server action.

Well sessions created in App Connect are browser sessions.
Sessions created in Server Connect are server sessions. These are totally different things.

Teodor, I just realized that. Not fun being a nubie.