Server side include (php include) - moves include out of <head>

Yes i hear you … but i use “includes” for “scripts” and “multi stylesheets”.

So that i dont have to go to every single page… its just weird that it moves the “include file tag” back into the body if i placed it above the

stylesheets i would include…

or scripts i would “include” to re-use

I mentioned this or a similar problem quite a while ago - in relation to using a PHP include in the <head> section - eg for meta tags. This does seem to be a problem which should be fixed.

In the case of your javascript example, couldn’t you just use a link to a .js file rather than a .php file?

Hi TomD … thanks for the reply… i did do a search but could not find your topic… maybe my search tags did not correspond with your post

The same goes for my Javascript file. I like keeping the javascripts in files for debugging and easy to change in a file archive. or just script it out… lol… just my silly way of doing this… and not keep 1 very very long js file…

I couldn’t find my post either. Essentialy, it concerned a problem where the code was rewritten on closing/reopening a file, making it impossible to use a PHP include for meta tags - similar to your problem. It seems this is still a problem.

Ok i have the latest version donwloaded now…

V 2.1.5
Windows

But still the same problem as explained before. Does anyone else use server side includes above the HEAD tag? or am i the only one…

I’ve found the topic I raised about this in January. I found it by looking in my profile. The topic doesn’t seem to be searchable. I don’t know if this is intentional or a problem with Discourse.

I do, but with the greatest of care. This is one of the instances that works for me

hi Ben… thanks for they reply. The problem is… “include_once” seems not to “render” in design view. Ok let me see test the “include_once” and give feedback.

thanks for the Link TomD … lets hope @patrick or somebody gets back to us on this… as you said… don’t know if this is intentional or a problem with Discourse.

Wappler can’t render PHP code, it renders only the HTML in design view. The only exception are the server-side includes created in Wappler, the HTML from those files are injected in design view to render correctly. Any other PHP includes and/or HTML generated with PHP code will not be rendered/visible in the design view.

I think the main issue is that the code is rewritten, putting the PHP include in the wrong place if it’s added to the <head> section.

Hi Patrick that is fully understood. The main question is as above where it moves the PHP include out of the <head> and back into the <body>

sorry see TomD did just mention that…

It should indeed not be moved out of the head, that is a bug, didn’t know this was still not fixed. Does this still happen in the latest version of Wappler?

Still have the problem on this version above…

@Mozzi
We are currently working on fixing this problem. Hope to have it fixed in the upcoming update.

1 Like

Thank you so much guys …Thanks Teodor and Patrick… @TomD

Hello @Teodor, can this be done also for .NET implementation?
Sorry for hijacking this post @Mozzi, everyone. Just want to implement the same for aspx.

1 Like

yes we will fix all kind of SSI includes to not be moved out of the head if placed there.

this is now fixed in Wappler 2.1.6

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.