Visual Server side action steps UI

I’ve been toying around with the serverside UI a lot recently and noticed that it can get quite complex in there. Especially when you’re working with lots of repeaters and conditions. This makes the whole thing not super userfriendly to use, there is too much overhead in not enough space. I think this can be formatted better in terms of UI in a horizontal way, instead of a vertical way like it is now.

Parabola is a good example of how the UI of the action steps could be ideal. You get a preview of your data in each step, while using a simple drag and drop interface.

Could the team take a change like this in consideration? Should this be a feature request?

1 Like

Nice example Nevil!

There are many similar services these days for interconnecting api’s and data.
It all started with Yahoo Pipes (dead now) and today yo have services like Zapier, IFTTT and many others.

But I like this one indeed. Good visuals. We can definitively use more visual editing in our server side workflows but also on the client side as well.

So will keep it in mind for the future development. We haven’t yet found the best solution for this.

Similar discussion was also on:

2 Likes

Hi George,

This is still a functionality I’m hoping to see more in Wappler. Is it useful to turn this into a feature request that can be voted for?

I’m currently building out a lot of server actions, but with all the repeaters and transforms in there it can get quite complex for me. I think parabola has such a great advantage, mainly because of the fact that you can visually see what your data is doing after each step, in a spreadsheet style. This is huge imo, saves a lot of testing/time.

I know that Wappler is capable of doing pretty much everything, it’s just the visual UI/workflow that can be improved I think.

I’ve included a new video here because it seems that my first video isn’t visible in full screen

1 Like