Server Connect erases content

Wappler Version : v5.5.3
Operating System : MAC OS Catalina
Server Model: Wappler Server
Database Type: Maria DB
Hosting Type: Local Host

I am still testing this tool and finding it very interesting. @ben has been very patient with me and is a great Wappler ambassador. However, I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or not.

We discovered a bug: if you create a recordset query and later change it to a paged recordset, the limits stop working. I am trying to reproduce the error so I can create screenshots for you. While I was trying to do this, I found another issue.

When I insert a simple Server Connect to the App, the entire page content disappears. If I remove the Server Connect, the content appears again.

Before…

After:

Over the browsers seems like a blank Page.

Thanks in advance.

Well maybe check for errors as explained here:

I have found a possible reason for the issue. Wappler crashed once and automatically reopened, but the local server froze and didn’t restart properly. Even when I clicked on the restart server button arrow, nothing happened, and it seemed to be frozen. The only way to get it working again was to restart my entire computer and reopen Wappler.

Do I need to restart my entire computer every time Wappler crashes? Is any other way to force restart the server.???

The local development server sometimes doesn’t restart. And when you try to browse or restart the server manually, it gives you the error EADDRINUSE on Port: 3000. The reason is that if the local server on Port:3000 doesn’t close correctly (Wappler crash is one reason), the port required for the local development server is not available as it is already in use from the previous Wappler session.

I use these two commands in the wappler project terminal to identify and kill the system processes that are using port 3000. There is no need to restart the computer.

1. lsof -i tcp:3000 - Run this command and note down the system process IDs (PID) that are using the port 3000. If Wappler is already using the port, then it will list Wappler with the PID/PIDs.
  2. kill -9 <PID> where PID is the system process ID.
  3. Restart the Wappler development server

Make sure that system process IDs being terminated are only for Wappler on Port:3000.

Thats exactly error that I get.

One liner:

kill $(lsof -t -i:3000)

3 Likes