Server connect data unavailable in picker when nested conditionals

$parent is also working really badly. the ui adds it but it doesn’t work. For example when I have a mailer and want to bind a database field from a parent repeat, the UI add $parent.$parent.EMail but this doesn’t work only when I manually remove the two $parents.

In my example: From the 4 uploads only the first is shown. So I can’t select any of the other in order to bind it to an update for example. All I see is this:

Repeats with conditions aren’t working properly for months now. I mentioned that many times but it hasn’t been fixed. I don’t need new features at the moment but the core of Wappler working. George you promised to fix these things after the summer break before releasing new feeatures, but I see that you again set the priority to releasing new features instead.

And here is the $parent problem I have. I want to add a database field from a single query into the send mail name, but I can’t select any to the query fields:

If I select the sqry it adds $parent.$parent.sqryGetWebsiteInfo. I’ve manually got to add sqryGetWebsiteInfo.Owner

The $parent is indeed not needed, perhaps @George can take a look at it.

Just to confirm your problem is just with the data pickers inside the server connect action?

Client side with the data pickers it is all ok in the app connect data pickers? As this was your previous problem with server actions having conditional steps.

So far it’s with the data pickers inside the server connect action.

In the app connect I encountered a different problem, where newly added repeats (in the server connect) are not shown in App connect data picker. I have to close the server connect and reopen it and sometimes also to php page itself to get access to the repeat. I think there is a refresh/caching problem in the macOS version.

Server connect data pickers are also not allowing you to select $value etc when in a repeat that is a split string.

1 Like

Have been experiencing these issues with pickers in both client and server side.
Have mostly just ignored the issue since I first encountered them, as I mostly tend to just write the code. The picker does not support ternary operator in complex conditions, which is used very frequently in projects I work on… So manual coding.

I don’t have any exact situation to report right now, but as @swf has posted, repeat is one of the places in server action where the pickers fails.
Also, in both server and client, when there is too many layers of nesting the picker breaks. Its either empty or elements are missing.

P.S. Since we are on topic of pickers, can the search be made faster? In my pages with 100s of elements, I sometimes have to wait for 30-60 seconds or more to get the results.

1 Like

Can you guys keep different issues and questions in separate topics, please?
When everyone reports a different issue in this topic we can’t really keep track of what’s initially reported.

1 Like

Still not fixed … :slightly_frowning_face:

As much as I appreciate the effort going in to new features, I have to agree that some of the core, especially data pickers (both client-side and server-side), could do with some love.

As this topic is about server-side
I ran into an issue with CSV import where the data pickers weren’t helping as they don’t take into account the position in the heirarchy:

This issue was assigned to @patrick and then unassigned because I posted a workaround, not a fix.

There have also been situations where I have nested conditionals/loops and trying to access any data in the picker is either impossible (not shown) or provides incorrect references (without $parent/$this etc.)

1 Like

I’m stuck with my work as I can’t select parent repeat values inside a condition.

Can’t believe that this is not being fixed for weeks. This is basic ui stuff and must not happen … :frowning:

Still not fixed. Any ideas when this will be fixed or fixed at all?

1 Like

We are still working on this one - it is fairly complex as it happens only on multiple nested conditionals

2 Likes

Thanks George

We have improved the data picker behavior in the upcoming update so you can pick data from the full server connect actions hierarchy. So even within complex conditionals.

Will be available tomorrow

4 Likes

This should be fixed in Wappler 3.3.2

Thanks to the Wappler team!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.