Classic ASP: Server Connect Action Steps Disappear

Hi, I have been trying for several weeks to get Server Connect to connect to SQL Server with no luck at all. I have followed the guidance and videos exactly but have had no success.

I have double-checked Remote Server Connect Settings many times but when I try to add a database connection Although I can create the server action but the Action Steps pane is greyed out so I am not able to add the database connection. What am I missing?

Could you explain more in detail how you setup your Wappler project and targets.
Is it all local? With local IIS and also the SQL Server?

So you were able to make the SQL Server Connection and test it?

But sometimes the Actions Steps goes blank?
Could you try to reproduce that while having the logging options on and send us the log (you can also just attach it here)

As described in:

Hi George, thanks for quick reply. Oddly, I quit Wappler then re-opened the project and without any changes the action steps pane came to life and I was able to build a successful query to remote SQL Server so I am progressing now. No idea why that behaviour happened it feels like something was not saved along the way?

Excuse my lack of knowledge, I bought Wappler some time back but then got very busy with other DW based sites I work on so have had almost no chance yet to start learning so still a basic beginner although with many years DW database experience in Classic ASP. However hopefully I hope now I will make some progress.

Good to hear.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Wappler. As we update almost every week and if there any bugs, we fix them straight away.

1 Like