Server action isn't appearing in Server Actions folder/dialog

Hi, Thank you, your answer gives great context to how this is managed. And it worked beautifully. And you have answered another important question which is How good and timely is Wappler support? answer - excellent.

Hi, Following on from the above, the ‘Select Server Actions’ went well.

I have populated 2 rows in the Users table in MySQL.

The next step n the tutorial is to create a Bootstrap 4 table to display the 2 rows.

When I get to the Data Bindings for the table, there is nothing under data.

And I have defined a query step in ListUsers

How do I get the data bindings to work?

Did you save the server actions?

Only api steps that have the output option ticked will show in the data bindings.

1 Like

Hi, Yes I did not tick output, so doing that solve that question, thank you.

The Bookstrap4 table, when it displays does not display any rows. There are 2 rows in my MySQL table Users

but they do show up. The headers are pulled up correctly, but nit the rows.

I have hunted around to try to find something I have not ticked, but I cannot find it.

How do I get the data to show up please?

Well check your server action for errors first:

Hi Teodor, The latest Wappler I have is considerably differnt to the screen shots you supplied in your reply.
Yours …

Mine…

Am I in the right place? I found debug in a top level menu, (arrowed) not where you indicated, is this correct for the current version? Is there a tutorial in the current (or close) version?

The query I have is simple…

So what could go wrong (permissions i guess). If yuo could let me know if I am on the right track, I will pursue debugging later today.
BruceX

That looks like the correct place now if you open in browser and inspect element (open dev tools names slightly different per browser) then under network tab look for XHR you should see the actions and it will detail the error etc

1 Like

Well please follow the tutorial i sent, enabling the debug as explained there, this has not changed in any version - the procedure is the same.

Hi, I have followed thru on the debugging procedure, I will detail each step so that you can advise where I have gone wrong. Before starting I checked all permissions of the username that I am connecting to My SQL with, all privilege’s are granted for it in teh MySQL database.

With debugging switch on and saved I clicked here…

In my browser (Chrome) I got

In Chrome, I right click, choose Inspect, choose Network and XHR.

Then I Long-Left Click the Refresh and choose ‘Empty Cache and Hard Refresh.’

Which should show me an error message.
There is no error message.

In MySQL, I created the exact same query, it worked just fine so there are no syntax errors with qUsers in Wappler.

What can I do to help you help me. Is it worth me grabbing a cheap VPS and downloading Wappler there, repeating my project steps there, so that you can log in to my Wappler on the VPS and spot (probably) the simple problem I am having?

Can you please provide a link to your page where we can check this?
It looks to me your server action is either not included on the page or set to no auto load.

No Auto Load is off

My page is Home (marama-cloud.com)

It looks like some of your pages have errors

Are you sure you have published all the files to the server?
It looks to me that some files are missing, as they redirect to your home page, for example:

https://www.marama-cloud.com/dmxAppConnect/dmxAppConnect.js

Make sure to publish ALL the files to your remote target.

Hi, The screen dump of error messages are too small for me to read or too blurry when enlarged. Anyway, I have not modified the code in anyway, all of it is generated from Wappler, I was following tutorial

which got me to his spot. Is there anything in Wapplr 2.4.5 that is not compatible with the current version?

Would it help if i cleared out all contents from public_html in my cpanel and saved the project again. There are files there left over from a landing page I created when I first got cpanel and maybe they are corrupting wappler’s project.

On your question, have I saved all files, I believe so. To be sure I close Wappler to see if there are any prompts for unsaved files, no prompts appear.

I have just done a Save All from the main file menu, made no difference.

The question is have you published all the files to your remote target, as it seems to me you didn’t.

Ok, I thought ‘Save’ was enough, my bad. Looking around I see these…

These options were not mentioned in the tutorial and data was retrieved successfully in teh tutorial. Anyway, I cleared public_html out in cpanel, Saved and the only file that went up was index.php.
So the answer to your question it turns out is ‘no’.

I clicked Publish but nothing happens. I click Check and it tells me Connection Successful, but also starts transferring many files for a long time. And they are beginning to appear in the new public_html. Seems there is light in the tunnel. It looks like it is going to take a while.

Hi, just thought I would let you know, many files are still being transferred after 20 mins, but we do have a result. That is really good. Thank you so much for persisting with helping me, there were some concepts in this exercise that I have not struck before. But I am really impressed with Wappler and will be pursuing much more.

Hi, one last thought. The debugging technique that lead to the clue that I had not published correctly, would it be worth doing a tutorial. Whatever you did, is too advanced for me just now, but eventually I hope not. The knowledge that you used was over and above checking network and XHR, so I suspect that a tutorial on these advanced techniques (if it has no been created yet) would be most valuable. Just sayin.