SEO, meta tags, view source, Google, etc

I’m successfully showing dynamic data in the meta tags (title, description, etc.) but when you view source on a page, you see the {{variable-code}} instead of the data. I’m concerned about the effect of this on Google and the other search engines.

Will they index the page correctly or use the {{variables}} instead? I need to improve the SEO on a Wappler-built site so need to establish this before progressing.

Google renders all the javascript pretty well, and that’s been like that for the past 5+ years.
You can test how google renders your site in the webmaster tools.

2 Likes

Im indexing perfectly with Google just using standard bindings.
The google index shows your page perfectly
Google webmaster tools shows perfectly
Google schema is wrong, but not sure if its still actually working, i assume it is, its probably just their schema checking tool.
Facebook is wrong
Goolgles view cached page is wrong.

Edit: I had a problem once, but it was my fault for deny access in my robots.txt to the internal Wappler files, I mistakenly figured it was a good idea not to allow Google to crawl all the dmx files and only concentrate on my front end files, this killed indexing and I did land up with Google index showing a bunch of dynamic variables. If it happens to you, make sure your robots.txt is not blocking something.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick responses.

Should I worry about Facebook being wrong? Is there a way of fixing that? Pre-Wappler I would just use PHP to put my dynamic content into the meta tags.

There are only 2 ways, either have to use standard PHP PDO and bind the old way for all the tags, especially the Open Graph tags or use a service like pretender.io which I am busy doing so a/b testing on currently because of Node I will not be able to use the PHP way, so testing pretender.io rather.

By the way, just mentioning this - with NodeJS all your meta tags will be rendered server-side :slight_smile:
Then this will probably come to PHP

3 Likes

oooh, so maybe I am wasting my time with this test, I just assumed node.js would make the issue worse not better. That is amazing news Teo

It will make it a lot better actually. Stay tuned for more news later today :wink:

4 Likes

thank you, that is so exciting.

Fantastic. Server-side for things like this would be so much better. I don’t suppose you can give any indication of timeline for this to be available in PHP? Future project I’ll be using Node.js but I’m not looking to rebuild existing ones done in PHP.

Make sure to check:

1 Like

Just seeing if this is still in the pipeline for PHP?