Send email form

I have built a simple contact page using the given directions on https://docs.wappler.io/t/sending-form-data-to-email/2858 page. I have uploaded the page to the actual site. When I click the send button the form resets, but no email has been received at the other end. Can someon help me with this, this is driving me nuts…Please if you do not have a clue do not answer. Thanks

Please check for errors as explained here:

Good news and bad news.
Good news is I figured what the original issue is. I saved the page as a html not php. once I changed it I started to receive a 200 code. But my next issue is that when I have submitted it and received the 200 code the email is not received at the email address sent.

What send method are you using - SMTP or server mailer component?
Also - did you enable the output in the send mail step?

I am using the SMTP method . I have just ticked the output box with the same results.

Please double check your SMTP settings and server.

I have used the cPanel > Track Delivery report to see if my email is going through but not being delivered before.
Also because some email accounts may go through heaps of spam filtering, if I am having an issue I have often added a gmail address for delivery just to test, and once i get that then at least i can narrow down where he point of failure is.

I have contacted the email service and we will see what they have to say and get back to you on this. We had to set up new emails, so may take a day to work and see if we can track the emails going out with the new addresses.

Which port are you using? a lot of ISP’s block port 25, port 587 is a common alternative

The service i use uses an account mail login as the smtp username and password

In addition some ISPs insist that that email address is included in the sender list or even the main sender address

Here are my settings

@George, can the Password field be hidden as per normal password protocol?

using port 2525. This works. If I use 25, I get an error

ISP probably is blocking port 25, very common

So Teodor,

I have been back and forwards with the domain service provider yesterday. We tried setting up new email address and differing ports with the same issue. When I log into their email service, I can send and receive emails from the same address. I only have this issue when using your api. Their servers do not receive and data saying that the email was sent or request to send.

I have also tried it with multiple different emails and ports with my Host. Dynu.com. None of them work.

Has anyone out there had success with the email extension and what email hosts are you using?

Use then all the time, never use an issue.,use own hosting service.

Using the same email setup with InMotion VPS Hosting, Afrihost, UK2.net with and without StackPath and also CloudFlare, Hetzner and even the wort hosting account on the planet with FastHosts seems to work.
So for me it just worked with multiple service providers.
Don’t know if that really helps all that much though.

Edit, also using it through another InMotion shared hosting account thats pushing everything to Google for Business too, although i am not sure if that makes any difference, but I would imagine it should.

I feel you pain, parent company also includes 1 & 1, Web.de and GMX

Silly question maybe. But what is the difference between right click and clicking update on a file from clicking the publish button in Wappler

Right clicking a single file in the file panel and uploading it will only upload that one file, publish does a server sync.

I wonder if I have not been updating the other files that may be included. Will try again an see if this is the issue