Security restrict, how to redirect to login page if not logged in? Wappler 5.2.0

My security setting rightfully redirects unlogged user to login page if page is refreshed or if try to go to any other admin module page.
What I am looking to accomplish is to redirect unlogged user to login page when he triggers on the page any event that calls on a server action that has a security restrict at the backend. Security restrict restricts server action, but no redirect happens. what am I missing?

Please have a look at result of test server connect’s dynamic event: sc:error:last:error: ‘message’ and ‘response’ when put on notification massage.
it is returning login page.

Have you added the Server Connect Action to the restricted page(s)?

Ben, thanks for the direction. Helped me figure out the approach.
Had to crack this instruction from stone age to model a security for today’s wappler.
Applying Security to your NodeJS pages - Docs / NodeJS - Wappler Community

Working as desired.
BTW wondering if there are any instructions available for community on implementing CRUD permissions per user

1 Like

I actually published a video in the last few weeks covering that

1 Like

Thank you, Brian.
I think initially I did refer to your video on the security aspect.
Run through the video was reconfirming. I wish video frame in the middle covered full screen. Gets cramped on my 1080p 24inch screen.

1 Like

This is another topic and should by rights be in a separate post.

In short: when dealing with security, I always place the Security Identity in the Globals section of the Workflow, making sure that output is chosen so that it is also available on the front end.

Whenever there is a server action, the ID of the logged-in person is always available:

This knowledge can be used to ensure that the authorised user and level performs the CRUD operations.

1 Like

1 Like