Search function does not search in server actions

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18363
  • Wappler Version : 2.9.1

Problem description

Hi,

The search function in Wappler lost its ability to search server actions for specific strings. This was something extremely useful.

I checked in the Options > Search menu and the exclude does not exclude the folder where the server actions are stored.

The problem seems to occur both with and without experimental features enabled.

Steps to reproduce

1. click on the search function button (magnifying glass on the left vertical menu in wappler)
  2. type a string that you know exists in a server action (e.g. the name of a database table used in a query)
  3. Click the Find All button

If the string is not used in a page, you will get no results.

Many thanks!

PS: As an enhancement request, would it be possitble to include an “are you sure?” prompt for the Replace function and also a button to Undo any undesired replacement? Many thanks!!!

@Patrick,
I just wanted to let you know that this behaviour may not have been caused by a Wappler problem. After rebooting my machine, I can no longer reproduce it.

It would be great if my request for the prompt (“Are you sure?”) and the Undo capability for the Search and Replace remained though :slight_smile:

Also, is there any documentation that shows how to use the File/directory pattern option? I’m looking for something that allows me to include or exclude files and directories from the search. Many thanks,

Alex

This is a good idea. Perhaps it should be a feature request.

Regarding the patterns, here are some examples:
myFolder/** (search in myFolder + subfolders)
myFolder/* (search in specfied folder only)
file*.php/ (search within all php files starting ‘file’)
eg:
dmxConnect/api/folder/filename*.php

Thanks Tom.
I created this feature request as recommended.

Alex

1 Like

In my test it did return results from server actions.

I have added a confirmation to the Replace All which will be available in the next Wappler update.

1 Like

thx Patrick. Yes, as said in the thread, I think the problem I experienced were gremlins in my machine and not Wappler.
The confirmation will be a really welcome addition.

I hope you’ll also find some time to go over the other parts of my request for enhancements :slight_smile:

Be well,

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.