Routing with parameters with Framework7 with App Connect

While I greatly appreciate the forward movement of awesome features like NodeJS and Framework7 – it’s why I’ve been paying for Wappler for 6+ months without using it. I’m starting to get frustrated with the many issues I’m running into and being unable to find documentation that would guide me in the right direction and/or bugs/limitations in the integration between Wappler and Framework7 – all leading to a very slow pace of development as I’ve started to attempt to build an app.

Somewhat simple scenarios like going from a page with a list of items to an individual page is extremely challenging. If I read Framework7 documentation certain code should be setup in app.js or routes.js to handle route paths… Wappler does not do these. I’m guessing this is because App connect should be handling it in a slightly different way. The issue is I do not know what that “way” is or how to even troubleshoot if it’s a bug or if there’s some multi-step process in Wappler that I need to follow to get it to work as there isn’t any documentation for this specific scenario.

As an example. This screenshot shows a parameter for ID ?id={{id}} at the end of the url on line 26. I manually added this. By doing this, I am able to see the ID appended in the network tab of Chrome as I navigate from a list of items (e.g. Users) to a page with one item (e.g. User). I have no idea if line 24 works as the URL in the browser always shows the URL as “index.html”. I even tried to add some additional Framework7 view params in app.js that should change the route in the URL (i.e. pushState), but they do not appear to work when using app connect.

Is this something Wappler should do automatically or is there another way that this is supposed to happen and I’m just not following the correct steps?

What’s worse, a lot of the existing docs seem to intertwine php, asp, js, framework7, framework7 with a server, framework7 without a server, and/or do not mention them at all – leaving me confused if what I’m reading will work for the framework/platform setup I’m attempting to develop on.

So, this is a plea for help with understanding if what I’m doing is even possible or if I should pause development for another few months before attempting to build any of it with Wappler. I thought all of the pieces I needed where now there, but it seems like they are not as fully integrated as the announcements have made it seem.

Well Framework7 handles route parameters very differently that you would expect. You can’t just pass them as query parameters - they have to be just on the url.

Currently the App Connect integration and Framework7 Routing support just regular pages without parameters.

We will have to see what is the best way to integrate such routing parameters in a similar way we have done it with NodeJS and SPA routing there. So hope to have that clear and integrated soon.

2 Likes

This has been fixed in Wappler 3.3.4 :slight_smile:
Please check:

It’s closer. Thanks gentlemen. Unfortunately it’s still not quite working with Server Connect. I opened a bug.

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.